Cindy Brattan Wolff, MPA, PhD, RD
Center for Nutrition and Activity Promotion (CNAP), Director and Professor
Office: 25 Main St., Suite 101B
Projects related to pediatric obesity, nutrition education for preschool - grade 12, diet and diabetes.
Recent Publications/Current Projects:
- O.P.T. for Healthy Living (Overweight Prevention & Treatment for youth in Butte County), Director, 2001-present
- SCNAC (Sierra Cascade Nutrition and Activity Consortium), Director, 2001-present
- Gyovai, V, Gonzales J, Ferran K, Wolff, C. Family dietary and activity behaviors associated with overweight risk among low-income preschool age children. CA J Health Promotion 1(3):67-79, 2003.
- Silliman, K, Weeks, RH, Fahey, TD, Wolff, C. The effect of resistance exercise on substrate utilization during aerobic exercise in women. Biology of Sport. 16:141-150, 1999.
- Wolff C, Silliman K, Kirks B. Nutrition and Fitness, 3rd ed.Kendall/Hunt Publishers, Dubuque, IA, 1997.
Recent Graduate Theses/Professional Papers:
- Impact of educational forums on assessment and use of weight management services by rural county health providers.
- A need assessment for a pediatric overweight prevention and treatment program in a culturally diverse rural community.
- Overweight, diet, physical activity, and the prevalence of hypertension in school-aged children.
- Overweight and related risk factors for chronic disease in low-income fifth-grade students.
- Short-term outcomes of a family-based nutrition education program for overweight children, ages 7 to 14.