Dawn Clifford, PhD , RDAssociate Professor and Didactic Program in Dietetics Director
Office: Holt 108
Phone: (530) 898-6164
NFSC 155 Introduction to Nutrition and Food Sciences
NFSC 365 Nutrition Counseling and Education
NFSC 457 Futures in Dietetic
NFSC 471 Medical Nutrition Therapy II
NFSC 662 Advanced Nutrition Counseling
- Non Diet Approaches to Wellness including: Health at Every Size®, Intuitive Eating, and Eating Competence
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mass Media Nutrition Education
- Clinical Nutrition
- Director of FitU, a non-diet peer mentoring nutrition and exercise program for Chico State students: Fit U Program
Recent Peer Reviewed Publications
- Clifford, D., Anderson, J., Auld, G., Champ, J. Good Grubbin’: The Impact of a TV Cooking Show for College Students Living Off Campus. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 2009 41(3), 194-200.
- Bergmann, L., Clifford, D. Edutainment and Teen Modeling May Spark Interest in Nutrition & Physical Activity in K-6 Audiences. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. March/April 2010.
- Clifford, D., Keeler, L., Gray, K., Steingrube, A., & Neyman Morris, M. Weight attitudes predict eating competence among college students. Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal. 2010 39(2), 184-193
- Keeler K, Clifford D, August B, Kowalski P, Neyman Morris M. Examination of a Peer-Led, Non-Diet Nutrition and Exercise Adherence Pilot Program on a 5 College Campus: FitU. California Journal of Health Promotion, 2013 11(1), 84-96.
- Thompson J, Silliman K, Clifford DE. Impact of an early education multimedia intervention in managing nutrition-related chemotherapy side effects: a pilot study. SprinterPlus, 2013, 2:179.
- Hanging out with my husband and son
- Going for walks and bike rides
- Arts and Crafts
- College Ministries at Bidwell Presbyterian Church