Dawn Clifford, PhD , RD
Associate Professor and Didactic Program in Dietetics Director
Office: Holt 108
Phone: (530) 898-6164
NFSC 155 Introduction to Nutrition and Food Sciences
NFSC 365 Nutrition Counseling and Education
NFSC 457 Futures in Dietetic
NFSC 662 Advanced Nutrition Counseling
- Non Diet Approaches to Wellness including: Health at Every Size®, Intuitive Eating, and Eating Competence
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mass Media Nutrition Education
- Clinical Simulation in Dietetics Education
- Director of FitU, a non-diet peer mentoring nutrition and exercise program for Chico State students: Fit U Program
Clifford D & Curtis L. (2016). Motivational Interviewing in Nutrition and Fitness. New York, NY: Guilford Publishing Inc.
Recent Peer Reviewed Publications
Clifford D & Neyman Morris M. Ending Weight Bias and Discrimination in Nutrition and Dietetics. SCAN Pulse, 2015; 34(2): 13-16.
Clifford D, Ozier A, Bundros J, Moore J, Kreiser A, Neyman Morris M. Impact of Non-Diet Approaches on Attitudes, Behaviors and Health Outcomes: A Systematic Review. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 2015; 47: 143-155.
Humphrey L, Clifford D, Neyman Morris M. Health at Every Size College Course Reduces Dieting Behaviors and Improves Intuitive Eating, Body Esteem, and Anti-Fat Attitudes. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 2015;47:354-360.
Smart H, Clifford D, Neyman Morris, M. Nutrition Students Gain Skills from Motivational Interviewing Curriculum. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2014. 114(11), 1715-1717.
Thompson J, Silliman K, Clifford DE. Impact of an early education multimedia intervention in managing nutrition-related chemotherapy side effects: a pilot study. SprinterPlus, 2013, 2:179.
Keeler K, Clifford D, August B, Kowalski P, Neyman Morris M. Examination of a Peer-Led, Non-Diet Nutrition and Exercise Adherence Pilot Program on a 5 College Campus: FitU. California Journal of Health Promotion, 2013 11(1), 84-96.
Clifford, D., Keeler, L., Gray, K., Steingrube, A., & Neyman Morris, M. Weight attitudes predict eating competence among college students. Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal. 2010 39(2), 184-193.
- D. Clifford. Weighing in on Nondiet Approaches. Today’s Dietitian, 2015. https://ce.todaysdietitian.com/node/34610 (This course provides 2 units of continuing education for registered dietitian nutritionists.)
- D. Clifford & M Neyman Morris. NAAFA Guidelines for Nutritionists and Dietitians, 2014. http://issuu.com/naafa/docs/naafa2014_guidel_nutritionists_diet
- D. Clifford & C. Vasquez. Health At Every Size® Curriculum. www.haescurriculum.com August, 2013.
- Hanging out with my husband and son
- Going for walks and bike rides
- Watching sports
- Arts and Crafts
- College Ministries at Bidwell Presbyterian Church