Kathryn Silliman, PhD, RDN
Office: Holt 367
NFSC 440 Advanced Human Nutrition
NFSC 641 Topics in Macronutrients
Projects related to the assessment of nutritional status and diet and heart disease.
- Gunnare N, K Silliman, M Neyman Morris. Accuracy of self-reported weight and role of gender, body mass index, weight satisfaction, weighing behavior, and physical activity among rural college students. Body Image 10 (3): 406-410, 2013
- Sandra Anderson, S, K Silliman, J Schneider. Awareness of the Red Dress Symbol and heart disease among college women. Californian Journal of Health Promotion 11 (1): 36-44, 2013.
- Thompson J, Silliman, D Clifford. Impact of an early education multimedia intervention in managing nutrition-related chemotherapy side effects: a pilot study. SpringerPlus 2: 179, 2013
- Silliman K, J Mahoney, V Michaels, T Miles. No apparent impact of meal glycemic index on postprandial lipid response in lean and abdominally obese women. The Open Nutrition Journal 6: 97-103, 2012.
- Byrd K, M Morris, K Silliman. Impact of a three-year worksite wellness program on employee blood lipid levels. California Journal of Health Promotion 6:49-56, 2008.
- Is dairy associated with dysmenorrhea?
- Influence of knowledge, perception, and sensory preference on whole grain consumption within a population of undergraduate CSU students.
- MyPlate: Familiarity and Usage among College Students.
- Do national school lunch program meals in California meet the USDA standards.
- Mindful eating, body satisfaction, weight behavior, and physical activity level among a college population.