Michelle Neyman Morris, PhD, RD
Professor, Dietetic Internship Director
Office: Holt 102
Community nutrition programs addressing food insecurity and hunger; disordered eating; nutrition education interventions among college students; senior nutrition.
David W. and Helen E.F. Lantis Endowed Chair. Today’s Dietary Habits Decide Tomorrow’s Health Outcomes: Implementation and Evaluation of a Peer Nutrition Education Program. 7/06-6/07, $40,000.
Co-Principal Investigator, The Graying of the North State. California Endowment. 11/02-10/05, $240,000.
Principal Investigator, Implementation of a Community-Based Social Marketing Plan to Increase Fruit Consumption among Female College Students in the Extended Opportunity Program and Services. California Project LEAN (Leaders Encouraging Activity and Nutrition)/California Nutrition Network. 10/00-9/03, $125,000.
National Eating Disorders Awareness Week Feb. 21-27 2010
- Mathews, L., Neyman Morris, MR, Schneider, J., and Goto, K. (2010). The relationship between food security and poor health among female WIC participants. The Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition. 5(1):85-99.
- Byrd, K., Silliman, K., and Neyman Morris, M. (2008).Impact of a three-year worksite wellness program on employee blood lipid levels. Californian Journal of Health Promotion 6(1):49-56. www.cjhp.org
Neyman Morris, M., Misra, S., and Sibary, S. (2008). Global fattening: Designing effective approaches to reducing obesity. The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge. 12(2):249-255.
- Shive, S. E. & Neyman Morris, M. (2006). Evaluation of the Energize Your Life! Social Marketing Campaign Pilot Study to Increase Fruit Intake Among Community College Students. Journal of American College Health, 55(1), 33-39.
- Hetherwick, C, Neyman Morris, M.R., and Silliman, K. (2006). Perceived Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices of California Registered Dietitians Regarding Dietary Supplements. Journal of The American Dietetic Association 106(3):438-442, 2006
- Ripke, D, Hoban, S. and Neyman Morris, M. (2005). Graying of the North State Report to The California Endowment: Addressing the Needs of Older Adults in Northern California.
- Silliman K, Rodas-Fortier K, Neyman, M. (2004). A survey of dietary and exercise habits and perceived barriers to following a healthy lifestyle in a college population. California J Health Promotion. 2:82-91.
- Shive SE, Neyman MR. (2003). Prevalence and predictors of fruit intake among community college women in extended opportunity program and services. California J Health Promotion. 1:91-102.
Recent Graduate Theses:
- Vanessa Welden. Eating competence and disordered eating behaviors among CSU Chico students. May 2009.
- Yolanda Presley. Nutritional risk and perceived needs among independent elderly in rural northern California. May 2008.
- Kristen Bradley. Implementation and Evaluation of the LINKS (Leaders In Nutrition Knowledge & Support) Peer Nutrition Education Program. May 2008.
- Tiffany Hayes. Prevalence of Disordered Eating Behaviors in Undergraduate Female Athletes Attending California State University Chico. May 2007.
- Kendra Byrd. Effectiveness of a Four-Year Worksite Wellness Program with an In-Person Nutrition Education Component. November 2006.
- Tiffany Hayes. Prevalence of Disordered Eating Behaviors in Undergraduate Female Athletes Attending California State University Chico. Expected May 2007.
- Kristen Bradley. Implementation and Evaluation of the LINKS (Leaders In Nutrition Knowledge & Support) Peer Nutrition Education Program. Expected May 2007.
- Shoshana Boek. Attitudes and Behaviors of Teachers Regarding the Use of Low-Nutritive Foods as a Reward in Elementary School Classrooms. August 2005.
- Andrea May-Murphy. Food Insecurity Among Homebound Rural Elderly in Yuba County. May 2005.
- Manjit Sohal. The Impact of Ethnicity on Dietary Patterns of Preschoolers in Rural Northern California. Spring 2005.
- Michelle Harris. Food Insecurity Among Northern California Elderly. May 2004.
- Chad Hetherwick. Perceived Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices of California Registered Dietitians Regarding Dietary Supplements. May 2004.
- Michael Paulissen. Effect of an Advertising Campaign on Milk Consumption in Elementary Schools. May 2003