Giving to the Department
We hope your learning experiences at California State University, Chico helped you to pursue a rich and satisfying career. Are you willing to help current students in the Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences do the same? The same level of excellence in education that you received while attending California State University, Chico is being threatened by the cuts suffered by higher education in California. As a result, the Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences is relying more on private donations.
Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences Wish List
- Please consider establishing an annual $1,000 scholarship for an undergraduate, graduate or dietetic internship student named on behalf of a donor or in memory of a loved one.
- Two to four pressure canners,($223 each) for our food science courses.
- Carts for food transportion and use for food lab classes ($340 each). Current carts are old and heavy.
- Pasta Maker: $1,149. The primary use of this machine would be to "sheet" prudcts to create crackers, pastry, and dough to demonstrate properties of various flours and to use for food product and development.
- Colorimeter: To use as an analytical instrument to assess differences in color of food and related to food quality and preferences. Various instruments can be used, including: 1. Panton and Munsell Book of Color ($3,200); 2. Konica Minolta CR-400 ($8,600); or 3. Hunter Lab, ($17,000).
- A set of classroom clickers (50 clickers) so our students can be interactive during lecture courses (2,500).
Please consider making a donation to the Department of Nutrition and Food Science through the California State University, Chico on-line giving website.