Fall Upcoming Events
- The Biology Seminar series begins Friday Sept. 7th with a presentation by Dr. Michael Abruzzo.
- Click here for the rest of the fall schedule
Center for Math and Science Education
- Project MATH (Mathematics And Teaching on the Horizon) is our Math Education secondary teaching cohort on the Chico campus, meet in mentoring seminars every other week of the semester.
Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Two Chico State students shared the experiences of their unique summer internships at Genentech and Sierra Nevada Brewery during the department seminar on Friday, September 14.
- Click here for the full seminar series and to see a summary of the internship presentations.
Gateway Science Museum - Upcoming Exhibits
Will open for Fall 2012 on Saturday, September 29 at noon. Fall hours will be Wednesday through Sunday noon to 5 pm through December.
- Take Flight
- Gold Fever! Untold Stories of the California Gold Rush
- Third Views, Second Sights: A Rephotographic Survey of the American West
Geological and Environmental Sciences
- September 2012 – Student Welcome Back Event, and announcement of the Tal Nahir Scholarship recipient; this event will present Dr. Nahir’s family with bound copies of a compendium of his research works.
- TBA – GEOS Seminar Series, hosted by the Association of Geology and Environmental Students (A.G.E.S.); this event is still in the planning stages…more information, with a speaker schedule, to be announced on our department website soon!
- August 18, 2012, Saturday -- FEN-DANGO. Technical - by Carl Wishner & John Dittes. Click here for details and registration form (pdf).
- September 8, 2012, Saturday -- Introduction to Keying the Sunflowers (Asteraceae). Technical - by John Dittes. Click here for details and registration form (pdf)
- October 13, 2012, Saturday. General interest - Perfumes, Pigments, and Poisons - an Introduction to the Chemistry of Plants - by Margareta Séquin. Click here for details and registration form (pdf).
Mathematics and Statistics
- Student research presentations, Fall 2012 (TBD)
- “Arithmetic Progressions on Elliptic Curves”, by Luke Fredericks (sponsored by Dr. Ben Levitt) and “Minor Minimal Non-apex Graphs” by Jamison Barsotti (sponsored by Dr. Thomas Mattman)
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics Undergraduate Research Poster Session, Fall 2012, Chico Preview Day (time TBD)
Nutrition and Food Sciences
School of Nursing - Events
- Lunchtime Faculty Meet and Greet the RN-BSN and MSN students. Friday August 24, 2012. 1-2 p.m.
- School of Nursing Advisory Board meeting, Tuesday Oct. 23, 2012, 2:30-4:30 p.m. Rural Northern California Clinical Simulation Center, 560 Cohasset Rd., Chico, CA 95973.
- Fall 2012, RN-ASC Conference, Nov., 2, 2012, Rural Northern California Clinical Simulation Center, 560 Cohasset Rd., Chico, CA 95973.
- School of Nursing End of Program Pinning Ceremony- Friday, Dec. 21, 2012, Laxson auditorium: 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- 60th Anniversary School of Nursing/ Kappa Omicron 25th Chapter Anniversary Celebration and Induction--May 4-6, 2013.