College of Natural Sciences Poster Session
The annual College of Natural Sciences Poster Session is an established event where students, faculty and clubs have the opportunity to present their original research or student activities to the College, University and Chico Community.
This event is organized by college faculty members.
The 13th Annual Poster Session will be held on Wednesday, May 10th in Colusa Hall 100, from 10 am - 4 pm
Day of Event Schedule
|Poster Setup||8:30 am - 10 am|
|Open to public||10 am - 4 pm|
|Required Poster Presentations||12:30 pm - 2:30 pm|
|Award Ceremony||3:30 pm - 4 pm|
How to Participate
To submit your abstract, complete the online form. Submission deadline for abstracts is Wednesday, April 26th by 5 pm.
After submitting your abstract, a unique URL will be included in your confirmation email. Use this URL to edit your abstract, up until the closing date.
Submitted abstracts can be reviewed at here (site updated approximately daily).
How to Design Your Poster
- Available poster space is 6 ft. wide by 4 ft. tall
- Most posters are printed 4 ft. wide by 3 ft. tall
- Keep your scientific process in mind when designing your poster
- Try and have a nice balance between text and figures
Description of a Strong Poster
- The hypothesis/objective of the project is stated clearly and concisely
- Sufficient background and motivation for the project is provided to show clear relevance beyond the project
- Clear description of what methods were used to carry out the research is provided, along with appropriate rationale for why specific methods were chosen
- Sufficient data is presented to address the hypothesis/object for project and the presentation is data is clearn, thorough and logical
- Reasonable conclusions relating to the hypothesis/objective of project are given and strongly supported with evidence, and relevance of the project's findings in a wider context was discussed
- All expected components are present, clearly laid out, and easy to follow; text is concise, legible and error-free; appropriate visuals improved understanding of the content
*pending printing resources
How Winners are Selected
There are two awards types, Judge's Award and People's Choice Award. Within each award type, three winners will be announced by category:
- Graduate/Faculty Research
- Undergraduate/Faculty Research
- Student Class Project
Please use the description of strong posters (listed above), as the judge's criteria for evaluating posters.
All winners will be announced during the Award Ceremony.
- Each poster will be reviewed by three judges
- Posters that closely fit the description of strong posters will earn higher scores
- One Judge's Award winner is chosen for each category
- Judge's Award winners earn the highest judged score, in their perspective category
People's Choice Award
- Everyone who is attends the Poster Session event will be given People's Choice ballot to vote for their favorite poster
- One People's Choice winner is chosen for each category
- People's Choice winners earn the largest number of ballots, in their perspective category
If you have any questions about the College of Natural Sciences Poster Session, please direct your questions to email@example.com