Informational Meetings - Spring 2015:
Please come and learn about:
- Where you may be next year (200 US schools)
- Why thousands exchange every year
- How Much - financial aid is transferable
- Application and Placement process
- How courses transfer back to Chico
Meetings held weekly:
Student Services Center Room 122/124
Wednesdays: January 28 - February 25 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Thursdays: January 29 - May 7 4:00 - 6:00 pm
- You must successfully complete at least one semester at California State University, Chico
- Students on any type of probation are ineligible.
- You need at least 30 cumulative units before the exchange begins.
- At least a 2.5 cumulative GPA is required for the exchange.
- PEL (Planned Educational Leave) students may apply.
- Second baccalaureate candidates are eligible to apply.
- Graduate students (masters) are not eligible.
Exchange Plans, Options and Terminology
|Exchange Plan A||CSU, Chico student directly pays resident fees/tuition to the HOST institution.|
|Exchange Plan B||CSU, Chico student pays Chico registration fees posted at http://www.csuchico.edu/cmgt|
|1:1 Exchange||The Host will first accept students from universities where its students are being placed.|
|EVEN Exchange||The number of students sent and received is the same.|
|UNEVEN Exchange||The Host school may accept more students than it sends out.|
|OPEN Exchange||All qualified applicants are accepted for the Exchange.|
Why do students go on the Exchange?
Each year, nearly three thousand students participate on NSE for a wide variety of reasons. California State University, Chico is involved with over 60 students at 46 institutions in 48 states! Consider taking advantage of this incredible venture at one of nearly 200 NSE member schools.
The application for 2015-2016 is now available. There will be general information meetings throughout the semester. A non-refundable fee of $200 is due at the time of application.
Qualified students may receive aid from CSU, Chico (Plan B), or from the Host School on Plan A. FAFSA applications will be accepted starting on January 1, 2015 at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Contact Mr. Casey Dinsmore at Financial Aid Office in Student Services Center room 250 for an appointment. You may call 530 898-6451.
Ranking, Selection and Placement
Your application will be reviewed by a committee which will rank all applications for placement. Your statement of purpose, faculty recommendation, grades, and your interview will be part of the ranking process. Placement will depend on the availability of space at the Host school which makes the decision to accept and on which Exchange Plan A/B, or reject.
Placements - When will I know if I am accepted?
Announcements will be made at a mandatory meeting in March 2015, exact date and time TBA.
For More Information
James Luyirika-Sewagudde Jr.
Student Services Center 220
Office of Academic Advising Programs
Chico, CA 95929-0725