School of Nursing - CSU, Chico
N474 Clinical Practicum
This service learning course is a synthesis of nursing and public health practice with the goal of promoting and preserving the health of populations. Students learn and develop through active participation in organized clinical experiences that include service that is conducted in and meets the needs of communities. Emphasis is on establishing a caring presence in the community with responsibility to the population as a whole. Students will apply the nursing process and concepts to culturally diverse individuals, families, and communities in homes, community agencies, and schools to facilitate the movement toward achievement of maximum potential for daily living. The required course seminar provides structured time for students to reflect on the clinical experience.
- Becky Damazo (email@example.com )
- Kathleen Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Karin Lightfoot (email@example.com)
- Jeannine Olson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dolores Sellers (email@example.com)
Students will all have different experiences depending on the community agency with whom they are working. Not all students will be able to participate in all public health interventions. However, each agency can provide the learning experience that enables the student to complete course objectives.
Students are expected to develop a working knowledge of course objectives and clinical requirements for success in this clinical practicum. The following materials are available for easy viewing or printing with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Attention students who will do clinical rotations in Butte County:
Students who will be doing their clinical rotation at any of the Butte County Public Health offices are required to complete the BCPH HIPAA Modules 2 and 3. You can access these modules by clicking on the following link. Modules must be completed prior to your first day of clinical.
- Students may use any recent public health nursing textbook. The book currently in use in the classroom is: Community/Public Health Nursing : Promoting the Health of Populations, 5th Edition by Mary A Nies and Melanie McEwen,
- Online Resources available at: http://evolve.elsevier.com
- Quickly find answers to clinical questions
- Educate patients