School of Nursing - CSU, Chico
RN, PHN, MSN
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Office: Holt 314
Office Hours: Tu 9:00 - 1:00 and by appointment *
- Foundations of Public Health Nursing (NURS 472)
- Community Health Nursing Clinical Practicum (NURS 474)
- Women's Health Issues (NURS 368)
Local, national and international background experience in health care delivery and health education:
- Created a service oriented clinical program, where student nurses are able to participate in community health programs and services, which has increased the capacity of many public and private agencies in a 5 county area.
- Developed a student nursing outreach program to provide limited health services tthe homeless of Chico through the local Jesus Center.
- Developed and served as the Director of Nurses for 2 thriving home health agencies in the Chico area.
- Developed a village outreach program to provide health care, including health promotion and prevention for women and children in isolated villages in Phuket, Thailand.
Provided health care to the Karin children along the Burmese border and to residents of remote villages in Nepal.
- Worked tprovide health care access for black children in the rural Mississippi delta; to children of coal miners and mill workers in the mountain regions of Pennsylvania; and to children of migrant workers and refugees in many areas of California.
- Virtually all clinical experience has been involved in bringing care to under-served and disenfranchised individuals, primarily women and children.
- California PHN Assessment
- International Health
- Gold Mining Toxics
- Sigma Theta Tau, International Pinnacle Award for Technology, 2004
- Professional Achievement Honor
- Loma Linda University, School of Nursing, Alumni Association Honor
My family and I in Fiji
Sailing in Greece
Costa Rica has many species of monkeys
My son and I in front of the Pink Palace in Argentina
*These office hours may change. Any changes will be posted on the faculty door and in the School of Nursing Office.