School of Nursing Office Hours
RN-BSN Program for Licensed RNs
In addition to basic RN education, CSU, Chico has included RN-BSN education since the School of Nursing began in 1954. The program uses online delivery methods to make the program as flexible and accessible as possible. Thus, the program can reach the most distant areas of our rural region and meet the needs of nurses who have seven-day-a-week, around-the-clock work schedules.
Answer the following questions to see if the CSU, Chico RN-BSN program might be right for you:
- Are you a registered nurse interested in pursuing a baccalaureate degree in nursing?
- Do you live in a rural area so commuting to campus is difficult?
- Do you want to enhance your career as a health care professional and become a leader in your field?
If you answered yes to any of the questions, you are a perfect candidate for the RN-BSN Program.
RN-to-BSN Admission Policies
RN-to-BSN Program Description - Revised Nov. 2015
Road Map, Butte College - CSUC Nursing Program
Important Information: Advising sessions for the RN-BSN Program are held each semester. Attendance at an on-campus or virtual session is mandatory before your Expression of Interest will be considered.
Please read the following information carefully, as there are requirements you must meet prior to attending a session.
Students are admitted to the RN-BSN program once each year, with applications due by February 15. The 15-month program begins in June of the same year and ends in August the following year.In order to be considered for the program, you must have your college transcripts evaluated and attend an Advising Session. Follow the steps below:
2) Send official transcripts of all colleges you have attended (or have the college send transcripts) to:
California State University, Chico
Attn: Cinnamon McDonald, RN-BSN Program
Academic Evaluations, Office of the Registrar
Chico, CA 95929-0720
Note: Transcripts will not be evaluated until the transcript Information Form has been received.
3) E-mail Jan Ellis to schedule your attendance at one of the Advising Sessions listed below. Allow approximately three weeks for your transcripts to be evaluated.
Note: You cannot attend an advising session until your transcript evaluation has been completed.
Students with international transcripts: The process for evaluation of International Transcripts is more complex and takes additional time. E-mail Jan Ellis for specific instructions if you have international transcripts.
RN to BSN Advising Sessions
|January 14 (Thurs)||1 pm - 2:30 pm and 3 pm - 4:30 pm||Virtual session - *see directions below|
|January 19 (Tues)||10 am - 11:30 am and 2 pm - 3:30 pm||Virtual session - *see directions below|
|January 26 (Tues)||1:30 pm - 3 pm||Virtual session - *see directions below|
|January 28 (Thurs)||2 pm - 3:30 pm||Virtual session - *see directions below|
|February 1 (Monday)||10 am - 11:30 am||Holt Hall Rm 310|
|February 9 (Tuesday)||10:30 am - 12 Noon||Virtual session - *see directions below|
|February 11 (Thursday)||3 pm - 4:30 pm||Virtual session - *see directions below|
|February 12 (Friday)||10:30 am - 12 Noon||Virtual session - *see directions below|
4) Following attendance at one of the Advising Sessions, if you are interested in being considered for this RN-to-BSN Program, complete the Expression of Interest form and e-mail it with a copy of (front side only) your BRN license to Jan Ellis.
5) An application will be provided to those that meet all program admission criteria following attendance at an Advising Session.
Thanks for your interest in CSU, Chico's RN-to-BSN Program!
You will be accessing a website that uses Blackboard Collaborate for hosting its virtual advising sessions.
*Directions for Virtual advising sessions: In order to log on to a virtual advising session, you need the following equipment:
Speakers or headphones
Camera built into your computer or webcam (Optional)
At least one day before you join the live virtual session:Make sure Bb Collaborate runs on your system. Access the link below ("Access this Test Virtual Room to verify you can get into a Bb Collaborate session") and follow below instructions. Please note: On the day of your Advising Session, you will be logging onto a different site than the one you use for testing your system. See the section below regarding, "On The day of your Advising Session."
1a. Click Download the Bb Collaborate Launcher
1b. After installing the launcher, use it to open the .collab file
2. If prompted, click Open, Allow, etc. Look for the purple arrow to help with the launch. Be patient, it takes a little time for this process. If you have trouble launching Bb Collaborate, contact CSU, Chico ITSS (530) 898-HELP, staffed between 7:30AM-6:00PM. For troubleshooting after those hours, contact Bb Collaborate for on-line support.
On the day of your Advising Session: Log onto this website approximately 10 minutes early: RN-BSN Virtual Advising Session. When prompted, enter your name as the name for the session.
Deadline... The annual deadline date for applications is February 15. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis by the RN-BSN Advisor/Coordinator, Jan Ellis. If you have questions, please e-mail Jan Ellis.