School of Nursing - CSU, Chico
Licensed RNs interested in the RN-BSN Program...
In addition to basic RN education, CSU, Chico has included RN-BSN education since the School of Nursing began in 1954. The program uses online delivery methods to make the program as flexible and accessible as possible. Thus, the program can reach the most distant areas of our rural region and meet the needs of nurses who have seven-day-a-week, around-the-clock work schedules.
Answer the following questions to see if the CSU, Chico RN-BSN program might be right for you:
- Are you a registered nurse interested in pursuing a baccalaureate degree in nursing?
- Do you live in a rural area so commuting to campus is difficult?
- Do you want to enhance your career as a health care professional and become a leader in your field?
If you answered yes to any of the questions, you are a perfect candidate for the RN-BSN Program.
RN-to-BSN Program Description - Revised January 2014
Road Map, Butte College - CSU Chico Nursing Program
Important Information: Advising sessions for the RN-BSN Program are held each semester. Attendance at an on-campus or virtual session is mandatory before your Expression of Interest will be considered.
Please read the following information carefully, as there are requirements you must meet prior to attending a session.
Students are admitted to the RN-BSN program once each year, with applications due by February 15. The 15-month program begins in June of the same year and ends in August the following year.
In order to be considered for the program, you must have your college transcripts evaluated and attend an Advising Session. Follow the steps below:
2) Send official transcripts of all colleges you have attended (or have the college send transcripts) to:
California State University, Chico
Attn: Cinnamon McDonald, RN-BSN Program
Academic Evaluations, Office of the Registrar
Chico, CA 95929-0720
Note: Transcripts will not be evaluated until the transcript Information Form has been received.
3) E-mail Jan Ellis to schedule your attendance at one of the Advising Sessions listed below. Allow approximately three weeks for your transcripts to be evaluated.
Note: You cannot attend an advising session until your transcript evaluation has been completed.
Students with international transcripts: The process for evaluation of International Transcripts is more complex and takes additional time. E-mail Jan Ellis for specific instructions if you have international transcripts.
Advising Sessions - Spring 2014
Thursday, February 20 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Virtual session - *see directions below Tuesday, March 11 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Holt 363 Wednesday, March 12 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Virtual session - *see directions below Tuesday, March 25 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. Virtual session - *see directions below Thursday, April 10 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Holt 363 Wednesday, April 16 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Virtual session - *see directions below Tuesday, April 22 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Virtual session - *see directions below Monday, May 5 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Holt 363 Wednesday, May 7 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Virtual session - *see directions below
4) Following attendance at one of the Advising Sessions, if you are interested in being considered for this RN-to-BSN Program, complete the Expression of Interest form and e-mail it with a copy of (front side only) your BRN license to Jan Ellis.
5) An application will be provided to those that meet all program admission criteria following attendance at an Advising Session.
Thanks for your interest in CSU, Chico's RN-to-BSN Program!
*Directions for Virtual advising sessions: In order to log on to a virtual advising session, you need the following equipment:
- Speakers or headphones
- Camera built into your computer or webcam (Optional)
You will be accessing a website that uses Blackboard Collaborate for hosting its virtual advising sessions. Log onto the website: RN-BSN Virtual Advising Session. When prompted, enter your name as the name for the session. Prior to joining your advising session, verify Collaborate runs on your computer by entering a test Configuration Room.
- When Java downloads its meeting.JNLP file, choose "Keep," "Allow," "Open," "Enable," etc., to launch the Collaborate. (The message displayed is different for PC and MAC).
- Look for the purple icon or the Java icon on your taskbar.
- Once inside the test configuration room, run the Audio setup wizard.
- All participants should have speakers or headphones to listen to the audio.
- Participants required to speak during the session should have a microphone. Alternatively, you can use the text chat tool within Bb Collaborate.
- CSUC students: If you have trouble launching Bb Collaborate, contact ITSS (530) 898-HELP.
- Non-CSUC students: If you have trouble launching Bb Collaborate, contact Bb Collaborate for support.
Deadline - The annual deadline date for applications is February 15. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis by the RN-BSN Advisor/Coordinator, Jenny Lillibridge. If you have questions, please e-mail Jenny Lillibridge.