School of Nursing - CSU, Chico
Licensed RNs interested in the RN-BSN Program...
In addition to basic RN education, CSU, Chico has included RN-BSN education since the School of Nursing began in 1954. The program uses online delivery methods to make the program as flexible and accessible as possible. Thus, the program can reach the most distant areas of our rural region and meet the needs of nurses who have seven-day-a-week, around-the-clock work schedules.
Answer the following questions to see if the CSU, Chico RN-BSN program might be right for you:
- Are you a registered nurse interested in pursuing a baccalaureate degree in nursing?
- Do you live in a rural area so commuting to campus is difficult?
- Do you want to enhance your career as a health care professional and become a leader in your field?
If you answered yes to any of the questions, you are a perfect candidate for the RN-BSN Program.
RN-to-BSN Program Description - Revised February 2013
Road Map, Butte College - CSU Chico Nursing Program
Important Information: Advising sessions for the RN-BSN Program are held each semester. Attendance at an on-campus or virtual session is mandatory before your Expression of Interest will be considered.
Please read the following information carefully, as there are requirements you must meet prior to attending a session. A final Application to the RN-BSN Program will not be completed and submitted until ALL your nursing pre-requisites, co-requisites, and lower division general education requirements have been met.
Students are admitted to the RN-BSN program once each year, with applications due by February 15. The 15-month program begins in June of that year and ends in August of the following year.
1) Three weeks prior to attending an advising session, send a copy of your unofficial transcripts to the RN-BSN Advisor, Jenny Lillibridge, for evaluation. You cannot attend an advising session until after your transcripts have been evaluated.
You can either e-mail transcripts to Jenny Lillibridge at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them. If mailing them, please send Dr. Lillibridge an e-mail informing her that you are mailing them. She will add your name to the list of prospective students and will be able to reach you if she has questions. If mailing your unofficial transcripts, send to the following address (no street address required):
California State University, Chico
Jenny Lillibridge - Transcripts Dept.
School of Nursing
Chico, CA 95929-0200
2) Wait at least two weeks, then confirm that your transcripts have been evaluated by e-mailing Jenny Lillibridge. Please do not attempt to attend a session until you are sure your transcrips have been evaluated . Dr. Lillibridge does not notify students when transcripts have been evaluated; it is your responsibility to contact her to confirm evaluation.
3) Once your transcripts have been evaluated, notify email@example.com the date you will be attending an advising session. Advising sessions fill up quickly; therefore confirmation of the session you will be attending is mandatory.
You must e-mail Dr. Lillibridge indicating the session, either on campus or virtual, you will be attending.
Advising Sessions - Spring 2013
Tuesday, April 9, 1-3 p.m. - on campus, Holt 357
Tuesday, April 23, 3-5 p.m. - Virtual session - *see directions below
Thursday, May 2, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. - Virtual session - *see directions below
Thursday, May 9, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. - on campus, Holt 357
Thursday, May 23, 5-7 p.m. - Virtual session - *see directions below
4) Download the Expression of Interest form, fill it out, and bring it with you to the advising session.
Please note: You must also bring a COPY of your BRN license to the advising session.
*Directions for Virtual advising sessions: In order to log on to a virtual advising session, you need the following equipment:
- Speakers or headphones
- Camera built into your computer or webcam (Optional)
You will be accessing a website that uses Blackboard Collaborate for hosting its virtual advising sessions. Log onto the website: RN-BSN Virtual Advising Session. Prior to joining your advising session, verify Collaborate runs on your computer by entering a test Configuration Room.
- When Java downloads its meeting.JNLP file, choose "Keep," "Allow," "Open," "Enable," etc., to launch the Collaborate. (The message displayed is different for PC and MAC).
- Look for the purple icon or the Java icon on your taskbar.
- Once inside the test configuration room, run the Audio setup wizard.
- All participants should have speakers or headphones to listen to the audio.
- Participants required to speak during the session should have a microphone. Alternatively, you can use the text chat tool within Bb Collaborate.
- CSUC students: If you have trouble launching Bb Collaborate, contact ITSS (530) 898-HELP.
- Non-CSUC students: If you have trouble launching Bb Collaborate, contact Bb Collaborate for support.
Attention! Applications are closed for Summer 2013. Starting in 2014, the annual deadline date for applications is February 15. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis by the RN-BSN Advisor/Coordinator, Jenny Lillibridge. If you have questions, please e-mail Jenny Lillibridge.