School of Nursing - CSU, Chico
Pre-Nursing Advisor: Phyllis Salopek
Office location: Holt 302
Office hours will be posted on the office door.
E-mail: email@example.com (*Please see note below about e-mails.)
Due to the vast number of pre-nursing students, individual advising sessions are not possible. Time is allotted during the advising sessions to answer individual questions. You can attend either a campus session or a virtual session (see dates and times listed below). *Please attend an advising session before sending questions via e-mail.
Group Advising Sessions
|Thursday, February 13||3:00 - 4:30 p.m.||Holt 363|
|Monday, February 17||1:00 - 2:30 p.m.||Virtual session - *See directions below|
|Thursday, February 20||3:00 - 4:30 p.m.||Holt 363|
|Tuesday, February 25||1:00 - 2:30 p.m.||Holt 363|
|Wednesday, March 12||3:00 - 4:30 p.m.||Holt 363|
|Tuesday, March 25||1:00 - 2:30 p.m.||Holt 363|
|Wednesday, April 2||10:00 - 11:30 a.m.||Holt 363|
|Wednesday, April 16||2:00 - 3:30 p.m.||Holt 363|
|Wednesday, April 30||1:00 - 2:30 p.m.||Holt 363|
You do not need to pre-register for these sessions. All students considering applying to the CSU, Chico nursing program should attend a group advising session as soon as possible. Please review the information for Admission Preparation and Requirements.
*Directions for Virtual Advising Sessions
In order to log on to a virtual advising session, you need the following equipment:
- Speakers or headphones
- Camera built into your computer or webcam (Optional)
You will be accessing a website that uses Blackboard Collaborate for hosting its virtual advising sessions. Log onto the website: Virtual Pre-Nursing Advising Session.
Prior to joining your advising session, verify Collaborate runs on your computer by entering a test Configuration Room.
- When Java downloads its meeting.JNLP file, choose "Keep," "Allow," "Open," "Enable," etc., to launch the Collaborate. (The message displayed is different for PC and MAC).
- Look for the purple icon or the Java icon on your taskbar.
- Once inside the test configuration room, run the Audio setup wizard.
- All participants should have speakers or headphones to listen to the audio.
- Participants required to speak during the session should have a microphone. Alternatively, you can use the text chat tool within Bb Collaborate.
- CSUC students: If you have trouble launching Bb Collaborate, contact ITSS (530) 898-HELP.
- Non-CSUC students: If you have trouble launching Bb Collaborate, contact Bb Collaborate for support.