School of Nursing - CSU, Chico
Pre-Nursing Advisor: Phyllis Salopek
Office location: Holt 302
Office hours: Every Wednesday, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - Important: Please attend an advising session before sending questions via e-mail.
Due to the vast number of pre-nursing students, individual advising sessions are not possible. Time is allotted during the advising sessions below to answer individual questions. You can attend either a campus session or a virtual session.
Group Advising Sessions
Pre-Nursing Advising Sessions - Fall 2014
|Tuesday, September 9||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||Virtual session - Canceled|
|Thursday, September 18||4:00 - 5:30 p.m.||Holt 363|
|Monday, September 22||2:00 - 3:30 p.m.||Holt 363|
|Tuesday, September 30||2:30 - 4:00 p.m.||Holt 363|
|Wednesday, October 8||11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Holt 357|
|Friday, October 10||11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m.||Holt 363|
|Monday, October 13||4:00 - 5:30 p.m.||Virtual session - *See below|
|Wednesday, October 15||11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Holt 357|
|Thursday, October 16||4:00 - 5:30 p.m.||Holt 363|
Additional sessions will be added throughout the semester.
You do not need to pre-register for these sessions. All students considering applying to the CSU, Chico nursing program should attend a group advising session as soon as possible. Please review the information for Admission Preparation & Requirements.
*Directions for Virtual Advising Sessions
In order to log on to a virtual advising session, you need the following equipment:
- Speakers or headphones
- Camera built into your computer or webcam (Optional)
You will be accessing a website that uses Blackboard Collaborate for hosting its virtual advising sessions. Log onto the website: Virtual Pre-Nursing Advising Session.
Prior to joining your advising session, verify Collaborate runs on your computer by entering a test Configuration Room.
- When Java downloads its meeting.JNLP file, choose "Keep," "Allow," "Open," "Enable," etc., to launch the Collaborate. (The message displayed is different for PC and MAC).
- Look for the purple icon or the Java icon on your taskbar.
- Once inside the test configuration room, run the Audio setup wizard.
- All participants should have speakers or headphones to listen to the audio.
- Participants required to speak during the session should have a microphone. Alternatively, you can use the text chat tool within Bb Collaborate.
- CSUC students: If you have trouble launching Bb Collaborate, contact ITSS (530) 898-HELP.
- Non-CSUC students: If you have trouble launching Bb Collaborate, contact Bb Collaborate for support.