School of Nursing - CSU, Chico
Pre-Nursing Advisor: Peggy Rowberg, DNP, APRN-BC
Office location: Holt 336
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please see note below about e-mails)
Due to the volume of requests received, individual advising sessions are not possible. The advisor will answer all questions at the advising sessions. You can attend either a campus session or a virtual session (see dates and times listed below). Please attend an advising session before sending questions via e-mail. Time is allotted during these sessions to answer individual questions.
Group Advising Sessions
|Wednesday, March 27||1:00 p.m.||Virtual session - *See directions below|
|Friday, April 12||2:00 p.m.||location: Holt 357|
|Monday, April 15||11:00 a.m.||Virtual session - *See directions below|
|Tuesday, April 23||2:00 p.m.||location: Holt 357|
|Tuesday, April 30||10:30 a.m.||Virtual session - *See directions below|
|Monday, May 13||11:00 a.m.||location: Holt 357|
You do not need to pre-register for these sessions. All students considering applying to the CSU, Chico nursing program should attend a group advising session as soon as possible.
*Directions for Virtual Advising Sessions
In order to log on to a virtual advising session, you need the following equipment:
- Speakers or headphones
- Camera built into your computer or webcam (Optional)
You will be accessing a website that uses Blackboard Collaborate for hosting its virtual advising sessions. Log onto the website: Virtual Pre-Nursing Advising Session.
Prior to joining your advising session, verify Collaborate runs on your computer by entering a test Configuration Room.
- When Java downloads its meeting.JNLP file, choose "Keep," "Allow," "Open," "Enable," etc., to launch the Collaborate. (The message displayed is different for PC and MAC).
- Look for the purple icon or the Java icon on your taskbar.
- Once inside the test configuration room, run the Audio setup wizard.
- All participants should have speakers or headphones to listen to the audio.
- Participants required to speak during the session should have a microphone. Alternatively, you can use the text chat tool within Bb Collaborate.
- CSUC students: If you have trouble launching Bb Collaborate, contact ITSS (530) 898-HELP.
- Non-CSUC students: If you have trouble launching Bb Collaborate, contact Bb Collaborate for support.