School of Nursing Office Hours
Master of Science Admission Criteria
Graduate Program Coordinator: Dr. Irene Morgan
The master's degree program at California State University, Chico has been in existence since 1970 and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Our graduates currently function in influential health advisory positions at the state level, as nursing faculty in programs throughout California, as administrators in many types of health organizations, and as expert clinicians and managers.
Our program is geared to meet the needs of nurses in a rural area. The MSN program has two options: Nurse Educator and Nursing Leadership. We provide a strong program that enables students to gain advanced knowledge and skills in the areas of Nurse Educator and Nursing Leadership roles. The core year provides a broad foundation in aspects of nursing research, technology, advanced nursing roles and health care organizational systems.
Admission Criteria-June 1, 2017 admission deadline
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by a national nursing accrediting body.
- A current California license to practice as a registered nurse.
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.0 for the last 60 units of undergraduate nursing coursework.
- A 3-unit course in statistics that includes inferential statistics with a grade of B or better, completed within the previous five years.
- Completion of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) within the previous 5 years with a writing score of 3.5 or higher. You may schedule at: http://www.csuchico.edu/test/
- A completed application on file at the CSU, Chico Office of Graduate Studies
- A letter of intent submitted to the Graduate Coordinator in the School of Nursing to document why the applicant is seeking admission to this MSN program and what the applicant’s future goals are for this degree.
There are 30 units in the graduate course curriculum and the course work takes five semesters to complete.
Please e-mail the Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Irene Morgan to sign up for an advising session.
Begin your application process with the Office of Graduate Studies.
Click here for more information on CSU Chico's graduate program: A Guide for New Graduate Students