Did You Know? and Take the Chico Trivia Quiz
Chico is a Great Place
Chico is among the "Best Green Places to Live" (U.S. News & World Report), the "Best Places in America" (Forbes Magazine), and has one of the "Best Mid-Size Downtowns" in California(CA Planning & Development Report). Why? Because there’s so much to do in an around Chico.
- Within two hours of Chico you’ll find opportunities to enjoy winter sports, hiking, biking, paddling, and backpacking.
- Chico features 15 parks, 12 fitness facilities, golf courses, soccer fields, and bowling alleys.
- Free Friday Night Concerts are held May - September in the downtown City Plaza.
- Chico hosts the Wildflower Century 100-mile bike ride in Butte County every April and Artoberfest every fall.
- Since 1984, the City of Chico has been designated as a Tree City USA by the National Arbor Day Foundation.
True or False?
Chico's Bidwell Park is the 13th largest municipally owned park in the nation. Answer
The five streets that intersect the CSU, Chico campus and spell the word "CHICO" are Chestnut, Hazel, Ivy, Cherry, and Orange. Answer
The movie Robin Hood, starring Errol Flynn, was filmed in Bidwell Park. Answer
Chico was ranked the No. 1 cycling city in the nation by Bicycle in 1997 and maintains a Bronze Bicycle Friendly Community designation (League of American Bicyclists). Answer