Public Affairs and Publications

What We Do

In addition to serving as the voice of California State University, Chico, we also help offices and departments across campus with their own communication needs. Many of our resources—including information on how to write a news release, how to get started with social media, and how to find photos—are online in the University Publication Guide.

We can also help you with the following:

Publicizing achievements

Do you know of something amazing happening on campus? Did you write a book, do a service project with students, win an award for your research? Tell us about it: email Public Affairs or call 530-898-4143.

Promoting events

We can help you get the word out through news releases, social media, Campus Announcements, and/or Student Announcements. Call 530-898-4143.

Writing news releases

Have an event or accomplishment worth publicizing? Learn how to send a news release through Public Affairs and Publications.

Obtaining quality photos

The university photographer is available to create and provide photographs for a variety of needs. See our photography request page and photo policy for more information.

Proofreading campus communications

We review print and online publications. For more information, see our copyediting process. For questions about university style, see our University Publication Guide.

Sending email newsletters

We help campus offices and departments design and send eblasts and enewsletters. See our process page for timelines and examples. Contact Kate Post for more information.

Leveraging social media

We maintain the main university social media pages and organize the Chico State Social Media Users Group. To get started, see our Social Media Guide. Contact Kate Post for more information or to schedule a consultation for your area.

Finding faculty experts and speakers

Our Faculty Expert Database lists faculty members and their areas of expertise. Journalists use it to find experts to quote in news stories; regional organizations find speakers among our faculty and staff. For additional help, contact Public Affairs and Publications at 530-898-4143.

Back to top