Social Media Intern Position
(Applications must be submitted by 10 a.m. Friday, Apr. 17, 2015 for consideration.)
CSU, Chico’s Office of Public Affairs and Publications is looking for the University’s next digital content creator.
Could it be you? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have great writing and storytelling skills—and a firm grasp of grammar and punctuation
- You have a nose for news and enjoy finding out about and reporting on campus happenings
- You are a tech-savvy student with a passion for social media and digital communications
- You understand why online engagement is important
- You pay attention to details and strive to produce high-quality work
- You’re a people person, both online and off
- You have an eye for or experience with photography
- You LOVE Chico State
About the Job
This position allows a student to help promote the University through daily interaction with its large online community. The social media intern actively participates in an array of social media activities such as content production, community development and management, social tweeting/blurbs, and networking. The person in this position should have experience using a variety of social media platforms as well as business writing, journalism, and/or marketing experience. The best candidates will be very familiar with CSU, Chico and have some experience in graphic design, photography, and/or videography. The job is 10–15 hours a week, with hours typically between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday–Friday. Occasional event coverage in the evenings or on weekends required. $9.85/hr.
- Generate content and monitor posts for social sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, WordPress, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Regularly update the blog, including writing and editing posts and finding guest authors
- Work with staff to maintain content calendar and track assignments using project management software (Asana)
- Interview students, faculty, staff, and others and write stories for online and/or print publications as needed
- Attend programs/events and post updates, often with photos, video, and other content
- Assist with tracking and documenting engagement statistics for all social platforms
- Photograph/video on- and off-campus University-related events and activities
- Desk work that may require Mac, PC, and smartphone proficiency—ability to use Microsoft Office, Photoshop, video-editing software, etc.
How to Apply
Please introduce yourself in an email to email@example.com and attach your resume and a completed CSU, Chico Student Application for Employment. Include your expected graduation date and whether or not you have a work study award. The application deadline is 10 a.m. Friday, Apr. 17, 2015. All majors welcome.