Transportation Demand Management
UPDATE: For more information about the TDM, please review the Final Transportation Demand Management Plan.
The goals and objectives of this plan are to
- Increase alternative modes of transportation.
- Promote walking, biking, and public transit as convenient and practical means for campus trips.
- Address campus transportation impacts in adjacent neighborhoods.
- Facilitate a coordinated transportation approach with the City of Chico, specifically downtown.
- Support campus sustainability practices.
A key component to the success of this plan was to invite participants from the campus, city, and community to be part of the process. The process included stakeholder interviews and two public forum meetings. The public forum meetings were held October 22, 2008 and April 1, 2009. The presentations from both meetings are provided below.