Public Schools, Non Profit, & Public Agency Donations
The Office of Property Management at California State University, Chico has been authorized to donate surplus property furniture to approved non-profit organizations and Public Agencies. Please help us get the word out about this great opportunity.
The items are available on a first come, first serve basis. The scheduled viewing days will be posted as assigned. All viewings take place at 940 W 1ST ST. No open toes shoes or sandals will be permitted on the premises. Closed toed shoes must be worn.
At the time of viewing, your organization needs:
- Personnel to lift and load selected items.
- A vehicle to take all items selected. Items will not be held for later pick up.
- A release of liability form which will be obtained through the Property Management Office the day of the viewing. This form specifies that CSU, Chico is donating surplus items to non-profits with a 501 (c3) Status.
- Public Schools will provide ID or a memo from their respective Principal authorizing the designee to accept donations on the school's behalf.
- The organization must also provide the Property Management Office with a copy of the following documentation:
- Non Profits will Provide a copy of the 501 (c3) affiliated with their organization
- Public Agencies will provide a business card or letterhead of their organization
If you have any questions about our surplus furniture donations, please email Erika Eden-Zamarron.