The Political Science Department is tremendously proud of our alumni. They are successful professionals and leaders in government, politics, and business, and role models in our communities.
Our current students benefit from alumni who stay involved with the department and organizations such as CLIC, the Pre-Law Society, the Criminal Justice Student Association, Pi Sigma Alpha, Studium, and the Model UN. Their care and support is vital to the great tradition of innovation, teamwork, and community service that exemplifies the Chico State experience.
Although gone from campus, you are not forgotten. We'd love to hear from you and find out what you've been doing since graduating!
Tell us what year you graduated, from what program, and what you're doing now.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at:
Department of Political Science
California State University, Chico
400 West First Street
Chico , CA 95929-0455
While earning her degree in political science, Kiana was active in many student organizations on campus including Pi Sigma Alpha, Model United Nations, CLIC, and Studium (the political science student journal). She interned for Congressman Pete Stark on a summer research grant in 2001 as well as for California State Assemblymember Wilma Chan as a Sacramento Semester intern in 2003. After graduating she went to work for Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi as a Panetta Congressional Intern in Washington, D.C.
At the end of her internship with Congresswoman Pelosi, Kiana moved back to California to begin working for Assemblymember Wilma Chan as a legislative assistant. Her issue areas include labor and employment, public safety, housing, and water quality, with a primary focus on environmental and children's health. She has worked on numerous environmental health and children's health measures that seek to change the way chemicals are regulated in California. Additionally, Kiana has staffed bills seeking to protect the health of children by phasing out certain dangerous chemicals found in toys and childcare products.
Kiana is in the good company of many Chico State grads working in government and politics in Sacramento . Let us know if you're one of them!
Make a contribution to the department, one of our scholarships, or one of our programs.
You can contribute online, by phone, or by mail. Visit the University Advancement Web site to find out how to give.
Be sure to direct your donation to the Political Science Department, and, if you would like, to one of our scholarships or programs listed below.
- Royce D. Delmatier Scholarship
- Paul DiGirolamo Memorial Scholarship
- Charles M. Price Scholarship
- Ralph and Ruth Choisser Law Scholarship
- Sarah Libby Mahood Merit Scholarship
- Matilda K. and Maurice E.S. Brunelle Scholarship
- Lew D. Oliver Scholarship
- Bob Sherrard Scholarship
- The Honorable Mike Thompson Political Science Scholarship
- Carl and Katie Thomas Scholarship
- Public Law Community Service Award
- Edward J. Bronson Scholarship
- Advocacy Award
- Tamsen Swift Scholarship
- Target Corp. Criminal Justice Scholarship
Programs and Student Organizations
- Political Science Annual Fund
- CLIC (Community Legal Information Center )
- CJSA (Criminal Justice Student Association)
- GAPSS (Graduate Association of Political Science Students)
- Model United Nations
- Pi Sigma Alpha (the Upsilon Delta chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honor Society)
- Pre-Law Society
- Studium (the student journal of political science)