BA in Public Administration
- Handout on BA in Public Administration (PDF)
- Catalog Description
- Mission Statement
- Program Goals
- Student Learning Outcomes
Mission Statement, Program Goals, and Student Learning Outcomes
The mission of the Public Administration Program is to help students develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the discipline of public administration, including capacity for career success in this field.
- Ethical and knowledgeable graduates who are well educated in both the theory and practice of public administration
- Graduates who can obtain or enhance careers in professional staff or management positions in public organizations
- Graduates who can communicate clearly and think critically about the role of public organizations in a democratic society.
- Students can demonstrate theoretical knowledge for understanding, developing, and implementing public policy and administration.
- Students can integrate academic theory with practitioner experience and skills.
- Students can apply appropriate analytical and research skills to the study of public administration.
- Students can write and speak with sufficient clarity to convey their attitudes, knowledge and skills.
- Students can identify relevant political and legal actors in the policy process and analyze their roles critically.
- Students can judge the ethical components of public responsibility.