BA in Public Administration
Mission Statement, Program Goals, and Student Learning Outcomes
The mission of the Public Administration Program is to develop and enhance the knowledge and skills of current and future managers in government, nonprofit, and health care organizations.
- Ethical and knowledgeable graduates who are well educated in both the theory and practice of public administration.
- Graduates who obtain or enhance careers in professional staff or management positions in public organizations.
- Graduates who communicate clearly and think critically about the role of public organizations in a democratic society.
- Students understand how to develop and implement public policy.
- Students apply academic theory to practice, including to the development of ethical skills associated with policy and administration.
- Students apply analytical and research skills to the study of public organizations and policy.
- Students demonstrate proficiency in communicating ideas and perspectives about policy matters.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the roles of relevant actors in the policy process.