University Equal Opportunity Employment Committee; Supercedes EM 01-013; Rescinded by EM 12-014
Executive Memorandum 06-038
June 12, 2006
From: Paul J. Zingg, President
UNIVERSITY EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT COMMITTEE
Upon the recommendation of the Academic Senate, and after consultation with the Vice Provost for Human Resources, the University Equal Employment Opportunity Committee is constituted.
The University Equal Employment Opportunity Committee will promote equal employment opportunity by reviewing policies, procedures, reports, and practices that address illegal workplace discrimination, harassment, and other barriers to equal employment opportunity. The Committee may deal with observations of general satisfactory or unsatisfactory trends resulting from the implementation of policies, procedures, reports, and practices. The Committee will make recommendations to the Academic Senate and the Vice Provost for Human Resources. The Committee will not be involved in receiving informal or formal complaints/grievances, investigating such complaints/grievances, or developing resolutions thereto.
Review and recommendations will apply to policies and practices intending to
- Provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons
- Prohibit the occurrence of unlawful recruitment and employment discrimination based on age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, and physical or mental impairment
The University Equal Employment Opportunity Committee is a permanent committee as authorized by Article VI. Section 2 of the Academic Senate Constitution.
The University Equal Employment Opportunity Committee reports to the Faculty and Student Policies Committee of the Academic Senate. The committee will provide a report in the spring semester.
- Five faculty members appointed by the Executive Committee of the Academic Senate. Two-year terms, overlapping, with a 50% membership rotation per year.
- Two staff members recommended to the President by the Staff Council. Two-year terms, overlapping, with a 50% membership rotation per year.
- One dean appointed by the Provost.
- The Vice Provost for Human Resources or designee.
- One student appointed by the AS President for a one-year term.
- Chair, vice chair, and secretary to be elected by the committee.
- The Academic Senate representative will call the first meeting in September.