PAGES: 1 | 2 |
Recruitment and Placement
CSU, Chico maintains one of the strongest and most respected on-campus corporate recruiting programs on the West Coast. In a 2008–2009 survey of employers, recruiters rated 81 percent of Chico students outstanding or above average compared to other universities. Some of the prestigious corporations that have hired CSU, Chico graduates are
- Blue Shield of California
- Pacific Gas & Electric
- Foster Farms
- Golden State Warriors
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hyatt Hotels
- Pepsi Bottling Group
Over 250 employers and school districts attended on-campus recruiting events in the 2008–2009 school year.
Graduates of several programs, including special education, speech pathology, nursing, accounting, and construction management, enjoy a near 100 percent employment rate.
Continuing and Regional Education
The American Language and Culture Institute at Chico State is celebrating 30 years of international friendships, having provided intensive English language instruction for more than 3,700 students representing 91 countries.
- The campus portal provides single sign-on access to registration, online courses, Web-based e-mail, grades, and campus information 24 hours a day.
- Secure wireless networking is a free service to students, available in many areas of campus, including the library, student union, residence hall common areas, and Selvester’s Cafe.
- The student computing labs and student help desk in the library are open and staffed until 2 a.m. Sunday through Thursday.
- Small groups of students can use NetStudy rooms in the library for working on collaborative projects and sharing computers and large-screen displays.
PAGES: 1 | 2 |