||December 7, 2000
Volume 31 Number 8
for the faculty, staff, administrators, and friends of California State
In The News
"In the News" will periodically report on faculty and staff who are
featured or quoted by the media, with particular attention to media outside
the Chico area.
Please send submissions to Kathleen
McPartland, Inside Chico State editor, at x4260, or Joe
Wills, public affairs director, at x4143.
- A recent book by Professor Emeritus Michael Baumann, Mr. Traven, I
Presume?, was reviewed in the Oct. 21 Book Review section of the San
- Biology Professor David Wood was quoted in the May National Geographic
magazine regarding plant evolution surrounding Mt. St. Helens.
- Laxson Auditorium is the subject of an architectural feature in the
fall California Homes magazine.
- Political Science chair Bob Ross was featured in a Nov. 9 Chico Enterprise-Record
article about the close presidential race. Ross was also quoted
in pre-election stories in the Enterprise-Record and other media.
- Retired English instructor Sharon Paquin-Gilmore was the subject of
a feature article in the Oct. 27 Red Bluff News. An article on
her interest in poetry and the environment also appeared in the October
5 Sacramento Bee.
- Campus Drug and Alcohol Education Center coordinator Shauna Quinn
was quoted in a Nov. 17 Sacramento Bee story about the university's
plans for a social marketing campaign to combat alcohol abuse.