||September 13, 2001
Volume 32 Number 2
for the faculty, staff, administrators, and friends of California State
In the News
In the News will periodically report on faculty and staff
who are featured or quoted by the media, with particular attention to
media outside Chico. Please send submissions to Kathleen McPartland, Inside
Chico State editor, at x4260, or Joe Wills, public affairs director, at
- Anthropology Professor Greg White was quoted in the May 30 Lakeport
Record Bee story about ancient occupation of Borax Lake near Clearlake.
White is director of CSU, Chicos Archeological Research Program.
- Center for Economic Development Director Dan Ripke was quoted in the
June 3 San Francisco Chronicle about the economy of Siskiyou County.
- Economics Professor David Gallo was featured in a June 10 Redding
Record Searchlight story about the impact of deregulation on energy
costs and availability. The story previewed a talk Gallo made to the
Redding Chamber of Commerce.
- Joe Picard, Regional and Continuing Education marketing director,
was quoted in a July 15 Contra Costa Times story about Liberal Studies
Online, a new CSU distance education program developed at CSU, Chico.
- The CSU, Chico education department was featured in an Associated
Press story in July about programs meeting the need for more credentialed
teachers. The story ran in the San Francisco Examiner, Stockton Record,
and other statewide newspapers.
- Anthropology Professor Charlie Urbanowicz was interviewed by KPFA
radio in Berkeley Aug. 22 on Internet gambling.