Strategic Plan Updated
I recently sent a letter to the campus community announcing the adoption of an updated Strategic Plan for the Future of California State University, Chico. The process of updating the plan was a
consultative one. We held several meetings over a period of months with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and administrators thinking through where we are and where we want to go. This updated plan affirms
our commitment to building campuswide partnerships on behalf of student learning. It also affirms our support of the systemwide goals of high quality education, access to higher education, financial stability,
and accountability to the state of California. It affirms our commitment to finding ways to shape our curriculum and student support services in a way that will meet the needs of our students both inside and
outside of the classroom. To ensure that the strategic plan guides most of our decisions, we have supplemented it with an implementation plan that details what actions will be taken, the individuals responsible
for those actions, and a timeline for implementation. I have listed the five strategic priorities below, and you will be able to find both the updated strategic plan and implementation plan on our Web site as
Manuel A. Esteban
1. Believing in the primacy of student learning, we will continue to develop high-quality learning environments both inside and outside of the classroom.
2. Believing in the importance of faculty and staff, and their role in student success, we will continue to invest in faculty and staff development.
3. Believing in the value of the wise use of new technologies in learning and teaching, we will continue to provide the technology, the related training, and the support needed to create high quality
learning environments both in and outside of the classroom.
4. Believing in the value of service to others, we will continue to serve the educational, cultural, and economic needs of Northern California.
5. Believing that we are accountable to the people of the State of California, we will continue to diversify our sources of revenue and manage the resources entrusted to us.
Information Technology Update|
From The President's Desk|
Publications Home Page