Minimum Insurance Requirements for Hazardous Substances and Waste Removal Services
Hazardous Substances and Waste Removal Services
These services include all labor, packaging, materials, tools, vehicles, placards, labels/markings, equipment, including personal protective equipment and safety equipment, expertise, and other means necessary and required to provide services for the pickup, transportation, and disposal of hazardous wastes.
- General Liability: comprehensive or commercial form minimum limits coverage in the minimum amount of $5,000,000 combined single limit bodily injury and property damage each occurrence and $10,000,000 aggregate, including premises/operations, personal injury, broad form property damage, products/completed operations, contractual liability, independent contractors and $500,000 fire legal liability. A Waiver of Subrogation is required.
- Environmental Impairment (pollution) Liability: coverage in the minimum amount of $5,000,000 combined single limit bodily injury and property damage each occurrence and $10,000,000 aggregate, including clean-up costs.
- Commercial Automobile Liability: coverage is required in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 combined single limit bodily injury and property damage, including owned, non-owned and hired automobiles; should also include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists coverage in the minimum amount of $1,000,000.
- Pollution and/or Asbestos Pollution Liability and or Errors and Omissions.
- Workers' Compensation: as required under California law.
In addition to previous coverage noted under Contractor's auto liability, hazardous material transporter services must also have an MCS-90 endorsement and Sudden Accidental Pollution Insurance endorsement. The Sudden & Accidental Pollution Insurance must have minimum limits of $2,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 total. A higher limit on the MCS-90 endorsement required by law must be matched by the Sudden & Accidental Pollution Insurance.
Evidence of Adequate Coverage - Insurance Requirements
Evidence of adequate insurance coverage is required by furnishing to the University a certificate of insurance that includes an additional insured endorsement and each insurer shall have an A.M. Best (or equivalent) rating of at least A:VII unless otherwise agreed to by the University.
An additional insured endorsement must accompany each certificate (workers' compensation excepted). Standard insurance form #CG 20 10 10 01 is accepted - Endorsement is to be on a separate page and the wording on the endorsement is to be exactly as follows:
- The State of California; the Trustees of The California State University; California State University, Chico; and the officers, employees, volunteers and agents of each of them are included as additional insureds.
- Coverage shall not be cancelled, modified, or reduced without thirty (30) days advance written notice to the University, delivered by certified mail, return receipt requested.