What to do if you receive a subpoena/summons
- If you receive a subpoena/summons by Facsimile, Campus or U.S. mail call Risk Management at 898-6588.
- If the subpoena/summons is being served by a process server determine to whom the subpoena is addressed. Those addressed to CSU, Chico Research Foundation (Foundation) or CSU, Chico Associated Students (AS) should NOT be accepted. Refer the process server to the appropriate organization.
- If the subpoena/summons is addressed to CSU, Chico refer the process server to Risk Management, Kendall Hall 205.
All subpoena requests for records must be served in person at one of the following locations:
- Requests for academic records should be served at the Student Records and Registration Office in the Student Services Center Building, Room 110.
- Requests for student medical records should be served at the Student Health Center near the intersection of Warner Street and Legion Avenue.
- Requests for records pertaining to the Associated Students of California State University, Chico should be serived at the Associated Students Office located in the Bell Memorial Union, Room 218.
- Requests for records pertainin to the California State University, Chico Research Foundation should be served at the Research Foundation Office located at 25 Main Street, Room 203, Chico, CA.
- All other requests for records should be served at the Office of Risk Management in Kendall Hall Room 205.
The State Controller's Office maintains payroll records for all state employees. Requests for payroll records should be directed to:
Custodian of Records, State of California
State Controller's Office
Attention Nancy Jang
Executive Office, Legal Division
300 Capitol Mall, 18th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814-5878