The mission of Safe Place is to support and advocate for victims and survivors of sexual assault, intimate partner violence and stalking through crisis intervention, prevention education, resources and referrals.
Safe Place services are confidential and available for all students, faculty, and staff at CSU, Chico.
Our intervention services include:
- Crisis support: If you want to share your experience in a confidential space, we are here to listen, validate, and believe you
- Accompaniment: We can go with you to Student Health Center exams, law enforcement or Title IX meetings, or other appointments related to what happened
- Advocacy: If you need assistance with paperwork, accessing other services, or reporting, we will work with you and other services providers to help make it easier
- Accommodations: We can assist you in getting academic, scheduling, or housing accommodations. Your safety and success on campus matters.
- Information and education: We are here to answer your questions, explain processes to you, and inform you of your rights and options.
- Resources and referrals: We can connect you to various services that may be useful to you
Our prevention services include:
- Training: We offer a wide range of training for students, faculty, and staff. Visit our Training tab for more information about what is available to you.
- Presentations and workshops: We provide interactive formats for addressing various topics related to interpersonal violence prevention and intervention. These can be tailored to the needs of your group, organization, or event.
- Outreach: Tabling events, photo campaigns, and informational materials are a few of the many outreach activities we provide.
- Consultation: If you want to do a prevention project on campus, we would love to collaborate with you and share our resources. If you have feedback for us, we want to hear it!
To contact Safe Place or make an appointment with an advocate, call (530) 898-3030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org