If you want to make a difference in the life of our nation; if you want to make a difference in the life of a child - become a teacher. Your country needs you.
– President Barack Obama (1/25/11)
You made it to the right place!
Here is the application form.
Where do I send the completed application?
It must be to the Center for Math and Science Education in Holt 101 by the deadline below. You may email it, snail mail it, or drop it off.
When is the deadline?
The deadline is the end of the fifth week of classes.For Spring 2013 the date is March 1, 2013.
What books count?
Any books for any CSU Chico courses that you are taking in the current semester can be included on the application, included rented or on-line texts. You just need to have documentation.
What kind of evidence will convince you that I intend to become a science teacher?
There are obvious things such as:
- majoring in a degree program specifically designed for future teachers (listed here).
- being an active member of the National Science Teachers Association Student Chapter.
- having passed a CSET exam in science.
- taking pre-credential courses.
- tutoring science either on-campus or at local K-12 schools
- being a docent at the Gateway Science Museum
If you have other ideas for evidence be sure to clearly explain how they show a commitment to becoming a science teacher. You can contact us and we'll try to help.
What is the maximum amount of money I can get?
It depends on the amount of funding, the number of applicants, how convincing your evidence is, and your academic record.
When will I know if I am awarded any money?
We hope to have the decision made within two weeks of the application deadline.
What do I do if I have additional questions?
Email the Center for Math and Science Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.