JobCat Referral System
Welcome to the CSU, Chico Student Employment JobCat Referral System. This system is intended for the use of CSU, Chico students who are currently enrolled or CSU, Chico Alumni for whom access has been granted. JobCat provides students and alumni 24-hour access to the Student Employment Office and Chico Career Center/Internship Office job listings.
JobCat allows students 24-hour access to the Student Employment Office job listing.
You may access the Student Employment Office JobCat Referral System through your Portal Account. Once logged in through the portal; from the lower right of the Student Homepage, in the “Campus Life” box click on the "Student Employment Registration Access to Jobs" link. Next, check the "Agreement Box.” and click the “Access to Student Employment or Work Study button.” Once you arrive at your homepage in JobCat you may begin your job search by selecting the "Search Jobs & Internships" tab at the top of the page. To enhance your job search options, filter your search by “Position Type.” The applicable position types for part-time employment are; Student Employment (*Part Time), Student Employment (Job Location Development), Student Employment (Student Assistant), Student Employment (Temporary), and Student Employment (Work Study).
Logging on to Job Referral System
To access the JobCat system, visit the Chico State homepage and click on “Portal” at the top of the page.
All students are encouraged to complete the personal information section of your profile in order to conduct a job search. When your account is created information such as First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Chico State Wildcat Email Address, Local Mailing Address, Year in School, Cumulative GPA, and major are all imported based on the information on file with the Office of the Registrar. It is important to update your information as often as necessary.
How to Search for Jobs
- Place your cursor on the tool bar option "Opportunities" and select "Job Search."
- You may select "search" and view all jobs you may qualify for. You may also use the "Job Advanced Search" to filter only the jobs you may be interested in.
- If you select a job that you are not eligible for, you will see "You do not qualify for this job" at the top of the page along with the variables that you fail to meet.
- The job posting will display position information, contact information, and posting information.
- Once you have completed your session, click LOGOUT to exit the sytem.
- Upload documents (résumé, cover letter, list of references, etc.) for employers
- Receive e-mail notification regarding special events.
- Receive text messages for job agents
- Calendar to track important dates
- Search for jobs
- Academic summary