Monday,Tuesday,Thursday and Friday:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
9:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
DRUGSLast Updated: 07/06/2011
Drugs can impact a person’s life in many ways. They have many harmful side effects which can vary in degree from irritability to anxiety to death. Drugs can be very dangerous and life changing for anyone who uses them, even once. It is important to be educated on drugs and what effects they can have on you or someone you know.
Harmful Effects Include:
- Cocaine: Increased temperature, heart rate and blood pressure, hyperstimulation, irritability, anxiety, restlessness, nausea, paranoia
- Hallucinogens: Hallucinations, anxiety, behavioral changes, illusions, and losing control. Long-term effects also include: Brain damage, psychological problems, coma, heart and lung complications, convulsions, and death.
- Marijuana: Anxiety, paranoia, respiratory complications, increased heart rate, memory impairment, lack of coordination, destroyed nerve cells.
- Heroin: Nausea, anxiety, liver/lung/brain damage, illusions, increased risk for HIV/AIDS, respiratory depression.
- Pills: Addiction, anxiety, restlessness, brain damage, internal organ damage.
*It is very important to seek help if you or someone you know is involved with drugs. Even experimenting just once can cause serious problems or lead to death.