Myles Tracy Outstanding Student Organization Advisor Award
Student organization members are invited to nominate their faculty/staff advisor for campus recognition and a $500 award. The program is designed to honor those advisors who have consistently demonstrated their dedication and skill in service to their respective student organizations.
In addition to a letter of nomination from the student organization, you can submit up to six letters of support from individual students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Nomination materials will NOT be returned, so please make a copy before submitting. Supporting documentation should address, but is not limited to, the following:
- Demonstration of a caring attitude toward students in the organization
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Availability to students
- Frequency of contact with students
- Demonstrated strong relationships with students
- Knowledge of institutional regulations, policies, and procedures
- Use of appropriate information sources
- Ability to make effective referrals
- Ability to engage in developmental advising (career and life planning)
- Participation in activities designed to strengthen advising skills and knowledge
- Perception by colleagues of nominee’s involvement with student organizations
- Evidence of student organization success rate
This year’s recipient of the MYLES TRACY OUTSTANDING STUDENT ORGANIZATION ADVISOR AWARD will be honored at the University Awards Reception on April 9, 2013, 3:00-5:00 p.m. in the BMU Auditorium. Other outstanding nominees will receive appropriate campus recognition, based on evidence of effective advising qualities and practices which distinguish the nominee as an outstanding student organization advisor.