Start a Student Organization
New student organizations, student organizations whose recognition has lapsed, or groups not listed on the Recognized Student Organization List need to complete the formal university recognition process.
If you are interested in starting a student organization, or restarting a previously lapsed student organization, please follow these steps:
- Review the Student Organization Policies documents for organization recognition.
- Check the current student organizations in WildCat Sync to see if there's already an organization with the same mission/purpose as the new one. (If there is we will not recognize the new one.)
- Ensure that you have a president, treasurer, and the minimum three additional current Chico State student members' names, email addresses and student ID numbers for new student organization registration.
- Identify a faculty or staff member who is willing to serve as your official organization advisor (no AS for Foundation employees) and have his/her phone, email address and title.
- Develop a student organization constitution using the Model Constitution.
- Click on the WildCat Sync logo below, choose Chico State as your community, and sign in with your campus ID. You will be directed to register as an individual WildCat Sync user if you have not yet done so.
- Once you register, you can click on the green button on the left "Browse Organizations" to see any of the currently recognized organizations, or you can click on "Register New Organization" on the top right. If you have the information listed above, follow the steps to develop and submit an organization profile for recognition as a new organization.
- Contact our office to setup an appointment with one of para-professionals or staff members. Please let the Customer Service Technician know this is for a new organization.