A Step by Step Guide to Starting a Club
New student organizations, student organizations whose recognition has lapsed, or groups not listed on the Recognized Student Organization List need to complete the formal university recognition process.
If you are interested in starting a student organization, or restarting a previously lapsed student organization, please follow these steps:
- Review the Student Organization Policies document for club recognition
- Ensure that you a president, treasurer, and the minimum three additional current Chico State student members names, email addresses and student ID numbers for new club registration
- Identify a faculty or staff member who is willing to serve as a your official club advisor (no AS for Foundation employees) and have his/her phone, email address and title.
- Develop a club constitution using the Model Constitution
- Click on the Org Sync logo below, choose Chico State as your community, and sign in with your campus ID. You will be directed to register as an individual Org Sync user if you have not yet done so.
- Once you register, you can click on the green button on the left "Browse Organizations" to see any of the currently recognized clubs, or you can click on "Register New Organization" on the top right. If you have the information listed above, follow the steps to develop and submit a club profile for recognition as a new club.