University Name and Logo Licensing

February 27, 2009

To:          Student Organizations

From:      Karla Zimmerlee, Director of Licensing

Subject:  Approval for use of CSU, Chico names and logos

As you know, CSU, Chico has an identification system--logos and names which are owned by the University and registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.  This identification system enables us to protect our name and logos and assure they are not used in a negative way.

If you want to use one of the logos, marks, or names (California State University, Chico; CSU, Chico; Chico State, or others) in connection with your organization (such as tee-shirts, mugs, letterhead), you must get approval from the University Creative Director before it is printed or before you use it.

You must also use only licensed vendors or printers.  Most screenprinters in Chico have license agreements with the University which allow them to print our name and logo (you still must get approval for use of the logo or name before you have it printed).  The following vendors in Chico have license agreements with the University:

  • Andy's Embroidery
  • Awards Company
  • Chico Screenprint
  • Dragon Graphics
  • HJ Promotional Products
  • Image Factory
  • The Monogram Shoppe
  • North State Screenprint
  • Positive Print
  • Recognition Products
  • SMS Screen Printers
  • SRL Apparel, Inc.
  • Triple J Screen Printers
  • Wildcat Sportswear

You will save time if you have your proposed design approved before you take it to be printed. For artwork approval, please e-mail our Creative Director, Alan Rellaford and copy Karla Zimmerlee.
If you decide to work with a printer or vendor other than one listed above who is not licensed by us, let me know and we will work with them in having a license agreement signed.  Please call me at 898-5201 if you have any questions.

Back to top