As the liaison between CSU, Chico credential candidates and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), Credential Services assists credential candidates with the final step in obtaining a California credential.
|Credential Analyst||Tehama Hall 213||Monday-Friday||2 p.m.-5 p.m.|
|Phone||530-898-6455||Monday-Friday||8 a.m.-5 p.m.|
|firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
|Mailing Address||California State University, Chico
Credential Services - THMA 213
Chico, CA 95929-0480
Documents may be dropped off at Tehama 209 or placed in the drop-box in front of Tehama 209.
Applying for a California Credential
When you begin the final phase of your credential program, Credential Services will assist you through the California credential application process.
Deadline to apply
- Spring Finishers - Third Friday in February
- Fall Finishers - Third Friday in September
* A $10 late fee will be assessed if file is not complete by end of semester (5/31 - Spring; 12/31 - Fall)
Download Credential Recommendation Request Instruction Sheet and Credential On-Line Recommendations Information Sheet.
- Recommendation Request Instructions (pdf)
- On-Line Recommendation Information Sheet (pdf)
- Credential Checklist (pdf)
Supplementary and Subject Matter Authorizations
- Authorization Quick Guide (pdf)
- Supplementary Authorization for Multiple Subject (pdf)
- Supplementary Authorization for Single Subject (pdf)
- Subject Matter Authorization (pdf)
- Subject Matter Authorization Handbook (pdf)
Finding a Teaching Position
Career Planning and Placement (located in Student Services Center 270) provides job-search and self-managed employment file services to credential candidates and alumni.
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
CTC is the state agency that is responsible for ensuring that those who educate the children of California are academically and professionally prepared. Visit this site for information regarding CCTC services, credentialing laws and regulations, and state requirements for obtaining and renewing a California credential.
Beginning a Credential Program
Applying to a Credential Program
Download credential program application forms and instructions.
Applying to Graduate Studies
Credential students must be admitted into CSU, Chico's Graduate School as well as the specific teaching credential program. An on-line application is available here.