Multiple Subject Credential
Our Multiple Subject Credential Program focuses on developing teachers who:
- embrace core democratic values and strive to live and teach by them,
- know the content of the curriculum, including state-adopted standards, and are able to teach it to a diverse population of students,
- design learning experiences based on an understanding of students' physical, intellectual, emotional, social, cultural, and linguistic needs,
- utilize assessments to monitor student progress and modify instruction,
- create and maintain a democratic learning environment that supports all students’ academic and personal success,
- develop as a reflective practitioner who exercises legal and ethical responsibility and engages in continuous professional renewal, and
- understand the role of teachers as moral stewards of the school and community.
This program leads to a Preliminary Multiple Subject Credential (self-contained classroom setting - elementary school). Candidates may begin the program in fall or spring and participate in supervised teaching practica throughout northeastern California.
Candidates are able to complete programs leading to credentials through a variety of delivery options. Assigned faculty advisors assist candidates with program planning.
For pre-program advising, please visit Tehama 101 or call 530-898-6421 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Lynne Bercaw