Single Subject Credential Program
Applicants for Fall 2015: Please be aware that only applicants who have taken the required admission exams and have started the Certificate of Clearance process by the application deadline will be invited to interview for admission to the credential program.
The Single Subject Credential Program focuses on developing teachers who
- embrace core democratic values and strive to live and teach by them,
- know the content of the curriculum, including state-adopted standards, and be able to teach it to a diverse population of students,
- design learning experiences based on an understanding of students' physical, intellectual, emotional, social, cultural, and linguistic needs,
- utilize assessments to monitor student progress and modify instruction,
- create and maintain a democratic learning environment that supports all students’ academic and personal success,
- develop as a reflective practitioner who exercises legal and ethical responsibility and engages in continuous professional renewal, and
- understand the role of teachers as moral stewards of the school and community.
This program leads to a Preliminary Single Subject Credential (secondary school setting - middle or high school). Candidates may begin in fall or spring and participate in supervised teaching practica throughout northeastern California.
Candidates are able to complete programs leading to credentials through a variety of delivery options. All candidates follow the education block system. Assigned faculty advisors assist candidates with program planning.
For pre-program advising please contact Andrew Nichols in Tehama 125, call 530-898-6421, or email email@example.com.
Dr. Al Schademan