PACT, the Performance Assessment for California Teachers, is one of the final assessments completed by credential students before they become teachers.
PACT Passing Standard
PACT Assessment responses are scored by faculty, university supervisors, school administrators and cooperating teachers. All active scorers have been trained for their content areas and are calibrated yearly.
Scorers use the twelve-part PACT Assessment Rubric covering five categories. Each of the twelve rubrics is scored on a four level scale: Fail (Level 1) or Pass (Level 2, Level 3, and Level 4)
To pass the PACT Assessment a candidate must:
- Pass all five rubric categories (Planning, Instruction, Assessment, Reflection and Academic Language)
- To pass a category, candidates must have a majority (at least half) passing scores within the category. In Planning and Assessment, 2 out of the 3 scores must be a “Level 2” or higher; in Instruction, Reflection, and Academic Language, 1 out of 2 scores must be a “Level 2” or higher.
- Additionally, there may be no more than 2 failing scores of “Level 1” across all tasks.
- Scores are available for viewing roughly four weeks after the PACT Assessment deadline.
Camcorder Check-Out Information and Equipment Help
Students may check out camcorder equipment from the window at THMA 209 Monday through Friday from 2:00 PM until 5:00 PM. Please arrive at least fifteen minutes before closing when checking out or returning equipment in order to give us time to process your check out or check in. Camcorders may be checked out for a one week period.The School of Education Assessment Coordinator, Roy Dunlap, is available at THMA 281 Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM (excluding 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM for lunch) to answer questions regarding PACT, PACT filming, exporting or camcorder operation. You may also reach Roy by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-898-4472. Roy is also available to help with equipment checkout if a staff member at THMA 209 is not present during normal pick up hours.
- Overview (doc) — A brief overview of PACT.
- The official PACT website
- Supporting Documents — Supporting Documents for PACT candidates. (Event Handbooks, rubrics, etc).
- Teaching Performance Expectations (pdf, 188kb) — An in depth description of the TPEs targeted by the PACT assessment.
- Making Good Choices (pdf) — A Support Guide for the PACT Teaching Event.
- PACT FAQ (pdf) - A short list of common questions and advice for credential candidates completing the PACT.
PACT Submission Guides
- PACT Submission Directions (pdf) - Directions for naming the PACT teaching event and uploading it to the STEPS database for scoring.
- Video Upload Guide (pdf) - Directions for uploading your video sample(s) to BBLearn and for burning a video CD/DVD
- Document Compression Guide (doc) - A short explanation of how to reduce document file sizes
- Authenticity Sign-Off Form (pdf) - The form to be signed and submitted with the PACT
- Remediation Form (pdf) - The form completed by candidates with the program coordinator in the event that resubmission is necessary.
PACT Filming and Equipment Guides and Forms
- Check Out Contract (pdf) — The contract students are required to fill out in order to check out equipment
- Equipment Policies and Procedures (doc) — The expanded list of Equipment Policies and Procedures
- Kodak Playtouch Camcorder Guides:
- Filming Guide (Kodak) (pdf) — a one page guide to using the tripod, Kodak camcorder, and sound equipment
- Exporting Guides (Kodak)
- Canon Camcorder Guides:
- Filming Guide (Canon)— (pdf) A one page guide to using the tripod, camcorder, and sound equipment
- Exporting Guide (Canon) - Apple (pdf) — A one page guide to exporting footage from a camcorder to an Apple computer using iMovie
- A Visual Exporting Guide (Canon) Apple (pdf)— A longer, more detailed, visual guide to exporting on an Apple computer with a screenshot provided of each step in iMovie
- Exporting Guide (Canon) - PC — (pdf) A general guide to exporting footage from a camcorder to a PC computer using Windows Movie Maker