Reading Room Policies:
- All Special Collections materials must be used in the department Reading Room.
- An ID is required to view materials from the collection.
- The use of pens and ink is discouraged when using archival materials. Please use pencil only.
- We request that you register on the department sign in sheet.
- Call slips are available to be filled out to page materials from the collections.
- Depending on the nature of the materials, use may be restricted to a single box or folder(s) at a time.
- An ID is required to be held while viewing collection materials.
Photography, Scanning, and Photocopying:
- The Special Collections Department provides photocopy and digitization services for a fee, but reserves the right to restrict reproduction of its material due to condition, size, or donor restrictions.
- Permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Department Head to publish or permanently display these reproductions.
- Patrons are responsible for observing all U.S. copyright regulations.
- The use of cameras to copy collection materials may be permitted, please check with department staff prior photographing.
- Patrons are required to comply with policies to protect archival material for use by future generations.
Food and Drink:
- All food and drinks are prohibited in the Special Collections Reading Room.
- If you have recently consumed a cheeseburger and fries, please wash your hands prior to handling materials.