Forms & Procedures
Outstanding Staff Employee-of-the-Year 2015: The nomination period for our annual Employee of the Year is closed. Please look for information in January 2017. Congratulations to our 2015 Staff Employee of the Year recipient, Barb LaRue of University Public Events.
- Staff Academic Award: The application period for this bi-yearly award is now closed. The fallStaff Academic Award recipient will be announced in October 2016. Best of luck to our award applicants! This $500 award is perpetually sponsored by the office of Vice President of Business & Finance.
Two New Staff Awards!
At the encouragement of, and by the generosity of the CSU, Chico Administration, Staff Council is offering two new awards for our annual Staff Awards Luncheon. The nomination period for both the Wildcat Spirit Award and the Customer Service Award is closed. Please look for information about the nominations for these awards in January 2017.
Nominees for both of these awards will be announced to campus following the closing of the nomination period.
- Wildcat Spirit Award: Congratulations to our 2015 Wildcat Spirit Award recipient, Mary Wallmark from Student Life & Leadership
- Customer Service Award: Congratulations to our 2015 Customer Service Award recipient, Andrew Nichols from School of Education.
Staff Activities, Services, Events
- Staff and Faculty Art Exhibition: The annual art exhibit is scheduled for September 26th-November 3rd and will be displayed in Kendall Hall. All staff, faculty, and retired staff and faculty are encouraged to submit artwork. Full details for the art exhibit may be found on our Art Exhibit Announcement. Submissions can be submitted using the Art Submission Form.
- Annual Staff Retiree Luncheon- Information for the 2017 Retired Staff Luncheon will be available in spring 2017.
Please contact: Sharon Salcido should you have questions about this fun event.
Staff Council Membership There are currently four openings on Staff Council as an at-large member for the 2016-2017 academic year. If you are interested in serving on Staff Council, please complete and submit the Request to Serve form to the Staff Council Office at zip 160 by September 30th. Update: At the September 13th Staff Council meeting, the council voted unanimously to include MPP's in the Staff Council by-law definition of Staff Council consituentcy. This means that full voting membership on Staff Council is now expanded to include our campus MPP's, if they wish to volunteer and serve in this capacity. Staff Council is excited to continue to foster collegiality and inclusivity on our campus. We look forward to our MPP colleagues joining us to better serve all of our campus staff.
- Staff Representation on University-Wide Committees for the 2016-2017 academic year. Staff Council is currently seeking staff volunteers to serve on different campus committees. Please complete and submit the shared governance participation request form. Forms are due by Monday, October 3rd to the Staff Council Office, zip 160. Committee assignments are made on a first receieved-first assigned basis, with final approval being given by Staff Council Chair and University President.