Study Abroad Information Sessions
Wednesdays 5-6 pm in SSC 150
Fridays 2-3 pm in SSC 150
*every week except for holidays, dead week & finals week
Faculty-led study abroad Programs are credit bearing programs that must be reviewed by the campus’ Study Abroad Advisory Committee. The program must be approved by the college dean for the academic department offering the program, the Office of International Education, the campus Risk Manager, and the Dean of Regional & Continuing Education when offered as a self-support program. The deadline to submit a faculty-led preliminary proposal is approximately one academic year prior to departure.
Faculty-led Trips are non-credit bearing international trips. Additional information regarding Faculty-led Trips can be found below. The deadline to submit a faculty-led Trip preliminary proposal is approximately sixty (60) days prior to departure.
1. Consult the following websites and Faculty-Led Trip Timeline before developing a preliminary proposal.
Note: The California State University prohibits student travel to countries on the U.S. State Department Travel Warning list without prior approval from the campus president and Chancellor.
- US Department of State for travel warnings and other information on student travel to the region.
- Center for Disease Control to learn more about health risks in the host country.
2. Confirm support of your department chair and college dean.
3. Consult the following checklists for comprehensive instructions and information on developing a faculty-led proposal:
- Self-Support Faculty-led Programs (also, consult RCE website for further information and instructions)
- Self-Support Faculty-led Trips
5. The Study Abroad Advisory Committee will review your proposal and the Senior International Officer will notify you once your Trip has been approved. Once your Trip has been approved, you can make the appropriate reservations and begin recruitment. Please note that official recruitment of students should not occur until after the Trip has been reviewed and approved.