Study Abroad Information Sessions

      Every Tuesday from 4-5 p.m. in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 410

      Every Wednesday from 5-6 p.m. in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 410

      Every Thursday from 11am-12pm in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 410

      Every Friday 2-3 p.m. in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 410

*every week except for holidays, dead week & finals week

W.U.E. & International Students

The Process...

Please discuss your study abroad plans with your Financial Aid advisor and be sure to tell your Study Abroad Advisor that you are on the W.U.E. program or are an international student studying at CSU, Chico. 

There may be restrictions and procedures you will need to be informed of, depending upon the program you choose.

W.U.E. & International Students can still study abroad on the USAC program.

  1. After your acceptance into the USAC program, W.U.E & International students studying at Chico will need to complete a Planned Educational Leave (PEL) form BEFORE departure: This lets the CSU, Chico records office know that you will be "away" from Chico for a semester or year without them dropping you from the University for non-payment of fees. 

  2. Let the USAC Central Office know you are a W.U.E. or International Student and need to be routed through another USAC member institution such as University of Idaho, University Nevada, Las Vegas or University Nevada, Reno. The necessary USAC host university documentation will then be posted onto your USAC global account, please complete this immediately.

  3. If you need to receive financial aid from your USAC host institution while studying abroad, please make sure it is noted on your USAC host university application, otherwise you will not be eligible for financial aid through that institution. You are not eligible to received financial aid from CSU, Chico during the term(s) you are on a Planned Educational Leave (PEL).  

  4. After your term(s) abroad are complete, you will need to request an official transcript from your USAC host university to be sent directly to CSU, Chico. Preferably it should be sent to CSU, Chico Study Abroad so we can attach your course substitution forms signed by your advisors pre-departure.

  5. Please note that only the transfer units from your USAC host university will be reflected onto your CSU, Chico transcript after your program is complete; neither your grades (gpa) earned nor the courses titles for your program abroad will be reflected onto your CSU, Chico transcript, simply the amount of units passed abroad will be posted.    

If you have additional questions regarding this process, please make an appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor, 530.898.5415.