The 3rd Annual
This Way to SustainabilitySM Conference Connecting to the North State
Over 1100 people attended this year's conference.
Hosted by CSU, Chico,
The Associated Students of CSU, Chico, Butte College and
The Associated Students of Butte College ~ At California State University, Chico.
View the conference program
View a list of our featured KEYNOTE SPEAKERS 5 exciting keynote speakers will attend this year's conference so reserve your space during open registration September 1-October 19.
View a complete list of our GUEST SPEAKERS - over 100 guest speakers are included in this year's event!
Greening of this Conference
CSU, Chico has offset building use carbon emissions during the This Way to Sustainability III Conference! With the help of TerraPass. We are aiming to make the conference operations as sustainable as possible. Please do your part and offset your travel to and from the conference this November 1-4, 2007. Visit the TerraPass web site and learn how you can balance your impact by funding clean energy projects. http://www.terrapass.com/index.html
Sustainability is the common thread through the conference content as well as the operations. We have accomplished the following to make this conference as sustainable as possible:
- Ask presenters to limit their handouts during sessions.
- Limited the number of printed materials and conference programs.
- Posted entire conference program on Our Sustainable Future web site.
- Provided online registration.
- Printed on the most environmentally friendly paper possible.
- Provide reusable dishware at all meals.
- Distributed reusable ChicoBags to conference participants.
- Consciously chose foods that were seasonal, local, and organic when possible.
- Encouraged participants to offset their carbon emissions.
- Provided mass transit options for tours.
- Suggest that participants stay in downtown Chico so they are within walking distance of the campus.
- Giving recognition to conference participants who are "Caught Being Green."
- Encouraging participants to supply lanyards for name tags from previous conferences they may attended if they have one.
- Communicating with conference speakers, exhibitors and participants via e-mail rather than printed materials.