Associated Students Dining Services Local Lunch ~ Thai Green Curry over Grilled Chicken, Homemade Egg Noodles and Strawberry Green Bean Almondine Salad
One of our Local Lunch items at the Bell Memorial Union
Our Sustainable Future - CSU, Chico
This Way to Sustainability Conference IX "My Sustainable Plate" Competition
We all make breakfast, lunch, or dinner at some point during our day. Are we making these meals sustainably? Where does it come from? How far does it travel? How does it make it from farmer to consumer? How is the food produced?
My Sustainable Plate Competition Rules:
We invite you to take the My Sustainable Plate Challenge and submit a photograph illustrating how you’re creating sustainable meals.
The competition will begin on February 10th and continue until March 5th, 2014.
Awards will be presented on March 6th at 12:00 p.m. at the This Way to Sustainability Conference IX in the Bell Memorial Union Auditorium.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and register online for the This Way to Sustainability Conference IX to participate. This competition is for registered conference participants only, visit our conference website at: www.csuchico.edu/sustainablefuture/registration.shtml
Here’s how to participate:
- Create a meal (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) that demonstrates how you make sustainable food choices.
- Take a color, digital photo of your plate.
- Describe what is on your plate (where it comes from, how it is sustainable)
- Bonus: Include the recipe so others can enjoy your meal too!
- Submit your photo to Instagram, tag @thiswaytosustainability with the hashtag #mysustainableplate.
- Register online and attend the This Way to Sustainability Conference IX to see if you're a winner and to claim your prize!
- Winners will be announced at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 6th at the Bell Memorial Union Auditorium during the conference where prizes will be awarded.