The focus in Mental Health (MH) Services is to prepare the student for a career of service to persons with psychiatric disorders. Graduates may be employed in community mental health centers, regional centers, alcohol and substance abuse programs, and a variety of other social service agencies.
Students who choose a focus in Mental Health Services are required to complete the following courses:
- SWRK 654: Social Policy in MH Services
- SWRK 641: Advanced Practice in MH Services
- SWRK 678: Mental Health Recovery & Wellness (MH Stipend required)
- SWRK 677: Substance Abuse (MH Stipend Required)
- Public MH Placement (MH Stipend Required)
- Specialized trainings