Apply to the MSW Program
MSW Application Available: October 1st, 2016
MSW Application Deadline: 5:00pm, January 5th, 2017
The School of Social Work office will be closed Friday, December 23rd, and will re-open at 9:00am on Tuesday, January 3rd, 2017. Office staff will be unavailable during this office closure.
The online application process must be initiated at least 5 business days prior to submitting your application. Due to the electronic nature of this application process, please allow for technical delays which may impact your submission timeline.
Available Programs to apply for during the upcoming 2017 Application period (fall 2016-spring 2017):
Three-Year/One-Year Distributed Learning Program
The Three-Year Distributed Learning Program will not be available to apply for until October 1, 2017.
Application Process for the MSW Program:
Step 1: Apply for admittance to the Office of Graduate Studies online, pay the application fee, and submit official transcripts to them. The CSU Mentor application must also be completed by the MSW Application Deadline.
Step 2: Submit an online MSW application, with uploaded unofficial transcripts and Personal Statement. Step 2 cannot be completed until an applicant has submitted a CSU Mentor application.
Graduate Students - New Accounts
- Make sure your CSU Mentor application has been submitted.
- Four business days (Monday-Friday) after submitting the CSU Mentor application contact the School of Social Work by calling 530-898-5043.
- Obtain your Chico State ID number from the School of Social Work.
- Create your account using the Account Initialization Tool.
- Allow one business day for our account records to update.
- Proceed with your Masters of Social Work Application.
Material updated: 10/18/16
READ THIS FIRST: 2016-17 Application Guidelines
Online MSW Application Walk Through
MSW Prerequisites & Liberal Arts Information -Application Course Work
MSW Information Meeting Information
How to Re-Apply if you applied last year:
If you began an application during the 2015-2016 application time period, your account will need to be reset. Please provide Jenny Funk, with the following information:
- Your Name
- CSU, Chico ID Number
- Which Program you are interested in applying to: One-Year Program, Two-Year Program, or One-Year/Three-Year Distributed Learning Program
Once you provide this information, Jenny will be able to begin a new Fall 2016 – Spring 2017 Online MSW Application for you.
Please contact Jenny Funk, ASA II
Please visit Rapid Graphics on campus if you need assistance with uploading your unofficial transcripts to your School of Social Work MSW Online Application. If you live out of the area, we suggest you contact a local copy center for assistance with attachments.
Click here to download a free Acrobat Reader