Apply to the MSW Program
2016 MSW Application Available:
Thursday, October 1st, 2015
2016 MSW Application Deadline:
Tuesday, January 5th, 2016
All application components (CSU Mentor & MSW Online Application) will be available starting 10/1/15, and must be completed and submitted by Tuesday, 1/5/16.Available Programs to apply for during the upcoming 2016 Application period:
One-Year Program (Traditional)
Two-Year Program (Traditional)
The Three-Year Distributed Learning Program will not be available to apply for until October 1, 2017.
Application Process for the MSW Program:
Step 1: Apply for admittance to the Office of Graduate Studies online, pay the application fee, and submit official transcripts to them. The CSU Mentor application must also be completed by the MSW Application Deadline.
Step 2: Submit an online MSW application, with uploaded unoffical transcripts and Personal Statement. Step 2 cannot be completed until an applicant has submitted a CSU Mentor application.
Graduate Students - New Accounts
- Make sure your CSU Mentor application has been submitted.
- Four business days (Monday-Friday) after submitting the CSU Mentor application contact the School of Social Work by calling 530-898-5043.
- Obtain your Chico State ID number from the School of Social Work.
- Create your account using the Account Initialization Tool.
- Allow one business day for our account records to update.
- Proceed with your Masters of Social Work Application.
Material updated: 10/19/15, 3:45pm
READ THIS FIRST: 2015 Application Guidelines
Online MSW Application Walk Through
MSW Prerequisites & Liberal Arts Information -Application Course Work
Please contact Jenny Funk, ASA II
Please visit Rapid Graphics on campus if you need assistance with uploading your unofficial transcripts to your School of Social Work MSW Online Application. If you live out of the area, we suggest you contact a local copy center for assistance with attachments.
Click here to download a free Acrobat Reader