Apply to the MSW Program
The MSW Application Process is currently CLOSED
Next MSW Application Available: 10/1/17 - 1/5/18
Application notifications were sent via e-mail on 3/15/17.
Please check the status of your application by signing in to the Online MSW Application.
Accepted applicants will have a two-week timeframe to accept their Offer of Acceptance. If an applicant does not reply after the two-week timeframe, the Department will begin contacting those on the waitlists for each program.
Application Process for the MSW Program:
Step 1: Apply for admittance to the Office of Graduate Studies online, pay the application fee, and submit official transcripts to them. The CSU Mentor application must also be completed by the MSW Application Deadline.
Step 2: Submit an online MSW application, with uploaded unofficial transcripts and Personal Statement. Step 2 cannot be completed until an applicant has submitted a CSU Mentor application.
Graduate Students - New Accounts
- Make sure your CSU Mentor application has been submitted.
- Four business days (Monday-Friday) after submitting the CSU Mentor application contact the School of Social Work by calling 530-898-5043.
- Obtain your Chico State ID number from the School of Social Work.
- Create your account using the Account Initialization Tool.
- Allow one business day for our account records to update.
- Proceed with your Masters of Social Work Application.
Material updated: 10/25/16
READ THIS FIRST: 2016-17 Application Guidelines
Online MSW Application Walk Through
MSW Prerequisites & Liberal Arts Information -Application Course Work
MSW Information Meeting Information
Please contact Jenny Funk, ASA II
Please visit Rapid Graphics on campus if you need assistance with uploading your unofficial transcripts to your School of Social Work MSW Online Application. If you live out of the area, we suggest you contact a local copy center for assistance with attachments.
Click here to download a free Acrobat Reader