Bicycle Theft Prevention
Bicycle theft is one of our leading crimes at CSU, Chico.
Here are a few ways to help prevent your bike from being stolen:
- License and register your bicycle.
- Record the make, model, purchase price, and serial number of your bicycle and store it in a safe place.
- Follow these bike-locking tips:
- Use a case-hardened “U” lock; cable locks are easily cut.
- If you use a regular padlock, purchase one with a 7/16” shank.
- Lock your bike in a well-lit area where it can be seen by passersby.
- Don’t leave your bike locked in a bike rack overnight.
- Replace quick-release mechanisms with regular nut-and-bolt mechanisms.
- Lock parts attached with quick-release mechanisms.
Click here for Campus Bike Rules.