Commit to a Sustainable Future — Walk, bike, or bus to campus
Pay Stations for Hourly and Daily Permits
Parking Services has expanded the installation of new parking permit dispensers for hourly and daily permits. The machines are easy-to-use, intuitive, and deliver improved benefits to parkers in our campus lots. The dispensers accept cash, coin, and credit card and have state-of-the-art technology that will allow them to be easily maintained and provide consistent service. Additionally, they will offer the equivalent of an hourly or daily "G" permit that can be used in any "G" space on campus.
Pay Station Locations
Machines have been installed in several parking lots on campus for your convenience. To download a map, please click here.
- 1st & Ivy Street Structure on all levels: at the Level 1 entrance off Cherry Street and near the northeast stairwell on Levels 2 and 3
- Park 2 - parking structure on the corner of 2nd & Chestnut Streets(across the street from the Performing Arts Center). Dispensers are located on all levels.
- Hazel Lot - on 2nd & Hazel Streets (across from the Bell Memorial Union)
- Stadium Lot (enter via Warner Street) at College Drive, one dispenser located at the end of College Dr. the other is located on the east side of Nettleton Stadium.
- Gateway Museum near entrance
- 'A' Lot located at corner of Warner and W. Sacramento
Pay Station Instructions
- Step 1 - Park in a "G" space. Once you park and exit your vehicle, look for the "Pay for Parking" sign (Yellow with Black lettering).
- Step 2 - Approach the front of the payment station and press any key on the keypad to turn the payment station on.
- Step 3 - Select the number on the keypad that associates with the amount of time you want to buy.
- Option 1) Hourly, select up to 4 hours, $1.00 per hour
- Option 2) Daily, $5.00
- Cash Payment
- Step 4 - Pay by coin, bill, or credit card. Insert the exact amount as the machine does not dispense change. If using your credit card, push in the card and remove it to activate authorization. Watch screen for prompts. Once your card has been authorized, the transaction will be completed.
- Step 5 - Collect receipt from the ticket cup located at the bottom left of dispenser.
- Step 6 - Return to your car and place the receipt, with printed information facing up, on the driver's side of your dashboard. Ensure all date and time information shows through the window.
Call for Assistance
Call Parking Enforcement at (530) 898-5555 for assistance.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- How do these machines contribute towards the University's Strategic Plan?
- Strategic Priority 6: Sustainability
- The machines are battery operated. The batteries recharge from an electrical connection at night, when electricity is less expensive. Therefore, machines are using battery power (rather than electricity) during peak electrical demand times during the day.
- Solar power was initial sought, but was cost prohibitive due to shade coverage that occurs in many of our parking lots.
- Strategic Priority 5: Institutional Effectiveness
- The new machines assist Parking in more effective stewardship of resources as well as more consistent service for parkers obtaining a daily or hourly parking permit.
- Strategic Priority 6: Sustainability
- Does this machine take credit cards?
- Yes, the new machines accept VISA and MasterCard. You will also receive a receipt (that acts as the permit) to have a record of your credit card purchase.
- Does this machine take WildCart card credit?
- No, not at this time. While the card reader has the capability to read declining debit cards, such as our WildCat identification cards, the vendor is not able to work with our one-card system. We hope to be able to offer that service sometime in the future.
- Whom do I contact for more information about pay stations?
- For more information, please call Parking Enforcement at (530) 898-5555. You can also send questions and comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.