BUY TICKETS NOW!!!
Art is the lie that makes us realize the truth
– Pablo Picasso
Opportunities to Participate
Hands-on participation in theatre making is key to successful learning, and we provide students with a variety of opportunities to apply classroom skills and knowledge in the laboratory of production.
Alongside faculty mentors, students assume the bulk of production responsibilities in the department's extensive season of musicals, dance concerts, comedies, and dramas. Opportunities exist for students to stage manage productions, act various roles, fill many technical positions, and assist faculty in direction, design, and choreography. Exceptionally qualified and motivated students may occasionally be assigned to direct, design, or choreograph a major production. Many students work as paid assistants in the shops and on touring shows that use the university facilities.
In addition to the regular academic program and production season, the department either directly sponsors or supports participation in other exciting professional organizations and student interest groups:
- The "Off-Broadways" Musical Theatre Touring Troupe
- Chico Dance Theatre
- CSU Summer Arts
- Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival
- Alpha Psi Omega (national theatre honor society)
- California Educational Theatre Association
- other student theatre and dance organizations
- Ink Blots student productions (A.S. Organization)
- Momentum Choreographic Club (A.S. Organization)
- Keeping Dance Alive